Buzzfeed infiltrated a racist teen message group and it's amazing

I really wish I had any new or insightful thoughts about firearm control. I don’t have any philosophical problems… Except

• suicides are 90% more fatal
  • accidents are more brutal
  • assholes become bigger assholes

So in general I am for less guns, just like I am for less oxycontin, and less cars without seatbelts (except for that '67 Impala I will own some day).

Cheers!

7 Likes

Why? Awesome drug in its place. And the more opioids we have access to, the better the odds of finding a suitable one to rotate to if the current one isn’t working …

Unless you mean chronic pain sucks, or it sucks to be addicted to the stuff? Then yeah. :frowning:

1 Like

Yes. Like many tools it is a blunt instrument.

Sometimes a hammer gets handy when all you got is nails.

So endeth our grammar lesson for today. :wink:

4 Likes

Down with speciesism! Check your sapiencentric privilege.

3 Likes

Pfft.

$guns–;

2 Likes

Somehow we have to make not being aware of your biases the most uncool thing. Make acknowledging one’s own racism and disowning it the sign of a real man. I am not kidding. Indulging in tribalism has got to be seen as so very old and un-enlightened. It almost makes one believe that forced mixing of race in schools is the answer. I wonder why we never tried that? (Oh, yeah, we did and it was defeated by tribalists and fraidy cats.) Early study of cognitive error. Early study of methods of propaganda. Early study of all the religions of the world. Immersive study of other cultures. All these things would go a long way toward disarming the racists.

5 Likes

And real woman. And real human being.

Other than that, your comment warms the proverbial cockles of my proverbial heart.

5 Likes

If you have crustaceans in your torso you should go see a doc, STAT.

(Bows out, goes back to questions)

4 Likes

Uh, cockles aren’t crustatceans. Not even remotely. They’re mollusks. Not even the same phylum.

3 Likes

You’re a mollusk.

2 Likes

2 Likes

I promise to never, ever, mispoke again.

2 Likes

Don’t be so crabby.

It’s shellfish.

4 Likes

Sorry, being corrected about sealife makes me want to take this gentleman and oyst-er out of the conversation.

1 Like

I shad a serious problem, but I think I’m recovering. One more look at North Atlantic Seafood will Seal the deal…

1 Like

You have to be careful about prodding tribalism. It is atavistic and irrational, and holds up poorly to scrutiny; but it also has the nasty habit of intensifying if you put any pressure on a population where at least some is present. Given the tendency of even the most homogenous student populations to factionalize for more efficient bullying and hierarchy formation; you’ll need to have some clever plan in mind unless you want results as heartwarming as the…less than complete…harmony found among prison gangs.

3 Likes

Aaackkkk! (runs screaming from the room)

1 Like

“It’s my aim to use strategery in order so that the enemy misunderestimates us, irregardless of our mission accomplished. Since you know what they say, fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on… Uh–shame–uh, can’t get fooled again.”

2 Likes