Cryonics short documentary

[Permalink]

1 Like

I think that title should be Cryonics, not Cyronics…

1 Like

“Caring for patients. And we call them patients who are ‘metabolically-challenged’”

thanks!

The RSS title as well…

Robert Ettinger: “I’m not talking about living forever, I’m talking about waking up tomorrow.”

So many of us fight so hard for a few more days, often, sadly, against odds lower than successful cryonics or the chance there’s a heaven. Compared to some of the really difficult bio/medical challenges, freezing seems so plausible and beneficial, and yet how much research is being done? How much could it possibly cost to figure it out? I’ve always suspected Bill Gates has funded a secret cryonics lab for him and his billionaire pals. If it could work, what a game-changer it would be. Why not give it a go?

“Nobody’s forcing you. You can always jump into the grave… the worms will still be waiting there.”

I pray these people are never resurrected. Would the world be a better place if we had literally immortal billionaires owning everything? Besides corporations, I mean.

I read a really creepy novel based on the premise, I think it might have been Bruce Sterling, who postulated a world where near-immortal elders had 99% of the capital and young people could do nothing to change the world.

Death is there for a very good reason.

Was he was still alive when he was cryogenicly transmuted? By what I saw he/she was jarred quite a bit. Micro fractures surely occurred. Can murder charges be exacted upon these fiends? This shit is sick.

I just want to be there when one of them is awakened and has to get caught up on things. Just the last couple years would probably have many of them begging to go back in the freezer.

The only thing that burns in Hell is the part of you that won’t let go of your life; your memories, your attachments… If you’re frightened of dying and holding on, you’ll see devils tearing your life away. But if you’ve made your peace then the devils are really angels, freeing you from the Earth.

This organization seems a little more crude than Alcor.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.