Someone in Russia tried to steal a bunch of cryogenically-frozen human brains

Originally published at: Someone in Russia tried to steal a bunch of cryogenically-frozen human brains | Boing Boing

5 Likes

From the sound of it, Udalova was trying to break off into our own separate cryogenics company, and was trying to take a couple of corpses with her.

Completely normal. Taking your clients with you to your new firm is a time-honoured tradition.

Presumably this is an industry without no-compete clauses.

17 Likes

Abby Normal.

29 Likes

Should have contracted the extraction out to Igor…

6 Likes

Just watched Young Frankenstein last night, almost laughed myself into an asthma attack!

25 Likes

Remember there is a bit of a backlog on the resuscitation schedule, and all corpses will be reanimated in the order of death. So if anyone is considering paying such a company, keep in mind that all the pharoahs of ancient Egypt will be reanimated before you will be

14 Likes

Obligs:

21 Likes

season 2 netflix GIF by Fuller House

16 Likes
3 Likes
9 Likes

I’d be more concerned about how 87 total corpses constitutes a successful business. How do you keep the lights on, are the future signers paying up front?

21 Likes

Rob Zombie started with more than ten times that number and then built on the franchise from there.

1 Like

I wouldn’t want the whole body preserved, just the head, cause:

3 Likes

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/64077352-26c2-4e24-803d-3948f0f0135d

3 Likes

Eye-gor

3 Likes

But slight more seriously, wake me up when they wake somebody up.

One wonders how much of the grift here is on the financial side of the annuities to pay now for perpetual freezing.

2 Likes

IDK how things work in Russia, but in the US when you sign up you pay for a life insurance policy that, when you die, pays out to the company to fund long-term preservation.

Also, the people involved know it’s unlikely they’ll ever be resuscitated. Actually, there have been polls done asking people who are signed up for cryonics vs. the general public, what they think the odds of eventual resuscitation are, and those signed up rate the probability of success lower, they just treat small probabilities of high-impact possibilities differently in their decision making processes.

Also also, minor pedantic quibble, the term of art for preserving brains or bodies by freezing is cryonics. Cryogenics is the general term for anything involving extremely low temperatures.

And no, I’m not signed up for any kind of cryonics, though I have considered it.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.