Did you ever want to play questions?

Bad parenting?

If children weren’t meant to buy the beer, it wouldn’t be that low down, surely?

Is it bad that junior occasionally asks me for a “sip of beer” at dinner?

2 Likes

(At a Memorial Day party, I offered my daughter a sip of my beer - something wheaty and lemony? She was all eager, even after I had her smell it. Annoyed my bluff had been called, I let her take a sip, knowing that she’d met her match. A match was met, but not hers, and she burst into tears when I wouldn’t let her have more, and insists to this day that “oh, beer, dat’s my favowite!” One of the reasons she was so happy to go into the beer store with me. That and she loves any excuse to help.)

[donald]

5 Likes

So if I just made myself a wallet out of packing tape and Calvin and Hobbes book pages, should I post it here, or create a topic in the craft category?

5 Likes

4 Likes

Wasn’t it practically free to make? Are paper and/or tape wallets out of vogue these days?

7 Likes

Where can one find instructions for this awesome project?

1 Like

How long do you think it will last? (Does it matter, since the cost is negligible? Do I look good in this negligée?)

2 Likes

Directions? Uhhhh… maybe I can come up with a general recipe for it?

I made the last one about 6 months ago and it’s still in decent shape, but since I used iron-on vinyl to cover the outside paper and tyvek for the insides (plus I sewed it instead of taping the whole thing together), then may I say that I have no good indications about how long this one will last?

But isn’t temporary arty/crafty stuff good for lessons in impermanence?

4 Likes

Oh, no - gen-x things never go out of style, right?

1 Like

As I was going through some old clothes, I thought to myself, “Should I make some stuff out of these old designer jeans with blown out crotches? Like a blanket or a vest or a wallet or something?”

Or a prom-dress?

1 Like

Was I supposed to get that tingly feeling all over, just now?

Didn’t I expect the thread to have blown past 8000 by now? Are people less excited about milestones these days, or are we all just more comfortable with the idea that the thread marches on, and will get there no matter what?

Have we been lazy and not paying attention to the post count?

1 Like

[nobody cares] (ᶰᵉᵛᵉʳᵐᶦᶰᵈ)?

1 Like

Is this more or less what you did?

1 Like

Can we save the ennui for the other thread?

I guess?