Did you ever want to play questions?

Maybe we were all confused because @awjt started posting again when you left?

2 Likes

Hmmm, wasn’t one of my Louvre photos similar to this? And wasn’t that back in 2000?

Doesn’t this make me want to go through my photo albums from that time? Would it surprise you to know that I shot 3D photos of Paris that day?

2 Likes

Are you saying all bananas look alike to you?

5 Likes

Sometimes a banana is just a banana?

4 Likes

Have we ever seen them together in the same place?

5 Likes

Oh, if the opportunity presents, you must go, do you like Monet at all? It’s amazing.

1 Like

Can we ever leave Plato’s cave?

(You’re very clever, young woman, very clever, but it’s caves, all the way down.)

2 Likes

I don’t have enough patience do you have with Parisians? And filth?

Crap now I have to log in on two differen… oh sorry. LOL. NO WE ARE NOT THE SAME BANANA. JEEEEZ.

5 Likes

Hey, does anyone know if there are any bananas at the Louvre?

1 Like

Many years ago, wasn’t I lucky to have seen a showing of many of Monet’s paintings, and weren’t the agapanthus flowers beautiful?

1 Like

1 Like

Isn’t that just the one painting though? Can’t you get really close to his other, equally brilliant work outside this room?

I mean, I went, I saw it, I was impressed by the subtlety that doesn’t come through on any photos I’ve seen, but I was thrilled to leave the plaque-readers there and go see some art I loved elsewhere in the place.

1 Like

Perhaps not, according to the google?

1 Like

Ain’t that always the way?

I saw some apples on a Cezanne, does that count?

2 Likes

If you are ever back in Paris, can you promise me to visit L’Orangerie? I spent about two of the best hours there.

4 Likes

Wouldn’t you be better advised to look here?

http://www.louvre.fr/en/restaurants-et-cafes

2 Likes

Would we really want to? Is there something different about an experience mediated through the individual/organization who created a museum exhibit, with an agenda in mind without any other media between it and you, or with a camera/pad in front of your face the whole time? In my families case, wasn’t it the mediation of the nation-state, something in which they have a stake, but for others wasn’t it the mediation of the nation-state through a corporate lens?

1 Like

I was thinking one of Arcimboldo’s paintings might have a banana, but was I able to find any?