Did you ever want to play questions?

Can I amend my comment and say I am contemplating a partnership business venture? When two people have mutually different assets (him land, me ag and 15years fermenting skillz) doesn’t it make sense for everyone to get their beak wet?

And isn’t it interesting, based on my back of the envelope calcs, a vertically integrated ag business (I.e. 100% farm to consumer) could be done on a minimum of ten acres (but really 25 minimum), while a traditional ag to distributor requires no less than a 100 acres (200+ really, unless you like eating ramen every day)?

1 Like

Did I mention regardless of the way this bizzness venture goes, my wife wants to sneak up and erect a stone circle?

2 Likes

Is this supposed to be a good thing?

Is that a banana tree?

Didn’t you marry well?

2 Likes

???

1 Like

Does the Louvre have an image search feature like the gewg? Don’t you think the Louvre should partner up with Google and create the Lougle, the premier artwork search facility on the web? (hock-ptooey!)

4 Likes

Didn’t I discover you can virtually tour the Musée d’Orsay with google, but not the Louvre?

Et voila!

http://www.musee-orsay.fr/en/collections/works-in-focus/painting/commentaire_id/field-of-banana-trees-17274.html?cHash=eeda3bbef6

http://www.musee-orsay.fr/en/collections/works-in-focus/painting/commentaire_id/the-meal-3082.html?tx_commentaire_pi1[pidLi]=509&tx_commentaire_pi1[from]=841&cHash=42da411ad7

2 Likes

Blackberries are to Oregon as kudzu is to the south–can you believe this is so extraordinarily common it hardly merits mention among Oregonians?

(That looks like a years worth)

2 Likes

Could you remind me NEVER to eat bananas at Gauguin’s house? He lets them sit too long.

5 Likes

What’s kudzu?

And why wouldn’t a surfeit of blackberries be a wonderful thing? Couldn’t you make lots of delicious blackberry crumble?

1 Like

What’s KUDZU? He asks. What ISN’T Kudzu???

4 Likes

3D or 3K?

1 Like

Ah, I see the confusion, how to put this in question format?

Ever see a vine that grows a foot a day?

Ever harvest blackberries where the 1/4" thorned vines grow a quarter foot per day, and the berries are either inside that morass or twelve feet up?

Have you ever seen, and I am not joking, a blackberry thicket that could stop a Roman legion?

(When I pull out the heart of their roots I nail them to the fence for other blackberries to see)

4 Likes

Did you miss it?

6 Likes

What’s up with Portland? (and Salt Lake City? Is that Salt Lake City?)

3 Likes

Wasn’t it incredible to be the only person in the room standing right up close to the Vermeers and the Dürers? (Silly tourists!)

2 Likes

Don’t I expect some hipsters brought it to Portland ironically, then it got out of control like Little Shop of Horrors?

3 Likes

Haven’t we seen the accuracy of your back-of-the-envelope calcs in other threads? :wink:

3 Likes

They are nice till they start taking over your yard. The hippie types are even ‘get out the round up’ for them as they nigh impossible to dig out completely, and Kudzu is an appropriate comparison.
Have you ever visited The South?
Have not seen how it grows over EVERYTHING?
While they are tasty can we agree that non native invasive species are not always the best thing?

1 Like