Display case with false bookcase doors

[Permalink]

Alternate contents:

Shrine to Elder Gods, with Raspberry Pi providing unearthly sounds and flashes of light.

Fog machine, and small LCD screen displaying howling purple vortex to another plane.

Books.

4 Likes

The cabinet of curiosities has a long history. Furniture expert John Bly of the Antiques Road Show said that the modern sense of a political cabinet of ministers came from the closeness of friends that you would allow to see what you’d collected in your cabinet, a few hundred years ago.

1 Like

That’s odd, I used to have a cabinet full of ministers in the basement.

But seriously, this is nice. I’d like to build something like it, but I could never bring myself to saw so many books in halve. Even really crappy ones.

2 Likes

I would like to elect myself for adoption by this man. Mom, Dad, I love you guys but seriously, where is my cabinet of curiosities??? Hmmm???

3 Likes

Most excellent!

Can we have a check-back in 20someodd years to see what type of marvelous adult this child becomes?

1 Like

Yes, where is it?

1 Like

OTOH they just encouraged you to build yourself a cabinet to hide your curiosities from them.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.