Donald Trump announces presidential run

[Read the post]

Forget the fictional characters. Rick Santorum is more popular than Donald Trump.

If thatā€™s not a sign he should drop out I donā€™t know what is.

5 Likes

Comedians need to be organized about this, yes the jokes write themselves but the world needs the best ones to rise to the top.

2 Likes

7 Likes

Least popular candidate ever.

Trump is the first candidate in modern presidential primary history to begin the campaign with a majority of his own party disliking him

5 Likes

You might think ā€œless popular than Voldemortā€ would be enough to keep most of 'em from running, but they are and our comedians are quite pleased.

2 Likes

Two Chevys in every garage, a thing on everyoneā€™s head.

10 Likes

(i personally think the Republican party could theoretically be rehabilitated, maybe. or perhaps a viable fiscal conservative/socially liberal party could emerge, so i donā€™t want to be too mean, butā€¦ )

5 Likes

It wonā€™t happen, but I do think that Paul would give Clinton quite a scare, and would make for an entertaining election if nothing else (Iā€™d prefer Sanders vs Paul, mind).

1 Like

whoa, he is too good at beating china to make him just president. I say lets make Trump the Minister of Beating, and then just set him loose to beat off china.

ahem.

1 Like

My first thought is that heā€™ll wreck any debate he participates in, and somehow try to wreck any debate heā€™s not invited to participate in. Maybe debates will just get scrapped completely.

Ooh. Letā€™s say fictional characters could run, and our five candidates right now are Donald Trump, George R. R. Martin, Ramsay Bolton, Stannis Baratheon, and Joffrey Baratheon (the last three from Game of Thrones.) Who wins?

I havenā€™t been paying much attention to US presidential politics lately, but Iā€™d be happy to see Sanders & Trump duke it out.

Not sure how that debate would go, might be dangerous for Sanders. He could burst a blood vessel in his face or break his own nose if he debates The Donald, what with the non-stop face palming heā€™ll suffer while Trump speaks.

1 Like

Can we really classify Donald Trump as a ā€˜real personā€™? An emergent phenomenon, rather than a written character, sure; but personhood is pretty serious businessā€¦

5 Likes

I expect he will run a klassy and entertaining campaign.

I do hope he releases his birth certificate.

1 Like

Butā€¦ butā€¦ then he would have done something usefulā€¦ (head asplodes)

Is anybody else worried that he has a employee/critter named China?

5 Likes

Rand Paul? Heā€™s just as crazy as the rest of them, playing up the libertarian/freedom aspect, while not completely ditching the less ā€œfreedomā€ oriented aspects of the republican platform. He wants to have his cake and eat it too.

Lately, the republican party has become a haven for weirdos and crazies.

1 Like

Potential running-mate/mascot?

8 Likes

Of course we can, see Hobby Lobby and other examples of corporate personhood. Except Iā€™m having trouble figuring out if there is more bankruptcy in the finances of the corporate half of him or in the morals and ethics of his in-the-flesh personhood.

2 Likes