Duck Dynasty launches line of guns

[Permalink]

A pistol? On a duck hunt?

1 Like

3 Likes

Each bullet leaves a beard-shaped exit wound. Hit your targets in the back of the head for that Duck Dynasty-chic!

2 Likes

Given that the original rise to prominence was on hunting accessories, it isnā€™t wildly divergent; but the timing just screams ā€˜eh, weā€™ll slap some paint on existing stock from a few major OEMs and cash in on the current controversyā€™ā€¦

Nothing says ā€˜valuesā€™ like milking the culture war for cash, no?

3 Likes

This was probably in the works months ago - but it shows thereā€™s no such thing as bad publicity.

1 Like

I suspect that anybody willing to pay extra to sully an otherwise stock gun with a dubious paint job and a celebrity endorsement is 127% more likely to purchase post-controversy. Even among firearms enthusiasts, d-list celebrity-endorsed paint jobs seem like kind of a niche thing(especially given the strength of the traditionalistsā€™ ā€œwooden fittings and blued steelā€ and the tacticool ā€œBad, basic, black, like I kill VCs for a living, and Iā€™m not talking about Silicon Valleyā€ school).

3 Likes

what could go wrong?

1 Like

company releases product

1 Like

I personally have nothing against Ducks, though I wouldnā€™t let one marry my daughter.

Given the rapetastic tendencies of ducks, and the genuinely cthulhoid horror-phalluses of some species, Iā€™m going to not accuse you of bigotry on this oneā€¦

1 Like

If you can get Hello Kitty branded guns, why not Duck Dynasty branded?

They are a business, remember, as well as the subject of a reality show.

As an unabashed gun owner AND gay rights advocate Iā€™ll be happy to add this line to the list of things I wonā€™t be buying.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.