Essential gadgets while reporting on civil unrest

[Permalink]

Presumably when civil unrest turns into outright criminality you could also use the same gadgets.

How about that? The riot squad has a fluffer.

Actually though, that cop seems to have green oxygen bottle on his back, so i guess he’s there for anyone that has a severe reaction to getting sprayed or gassed.

1 Like

In my years of fire/EMS including procurement I have never seen oxygen for first aid carried in a SCBA type backpack, it is not impossible but highly unlikely especially in that massive size which would be good for several hours of o2. Green mostly means oxygen but you can get bottles in various colors and the filling/hydrostat testing company probably doesn’t hold anyone who spray paints a bottle to any standard, I remember clear fiberglass wrap and yellow being most common in the areas I worked.
It also seems weird to wear a heavy compressed air SCBA to a riot when a filtration mask(which this cop is wearing) is so much lighter, maybe this is to power a pneumatic projectile launcher?

These wipes for removing CS and pepper spray would be good to keep on hand. Sold by a major supplier to police officers and departments.

http://www.galls.com/sudecon-wipes-10-pack

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.