Feds subject drug suspect to vaginal/anal probe, X-ray, CT Scan, without a warrant -- find nothing

I’m pretty sure the cops generally make sure you’re not carrying a gun before they let on that you’re about to get sodomized.

9 Likes

Oh yes they do. They prove that the officer handling the dog wanted an excuse to search the suspect.

2 Likes

Right, end the war on Americans! Fire them all! The spies, Feds, and police are a 1000 time more dangerous than the crimes or pseudo crimes being committed. End it all!

2 Likes

I have no response except a sad frown you can’t see.

I was fairly certain until recently that the only place the government actually sodomized you was when they threw you in federal prison for violent crimes… where everyone knows prison rape is a fact of life.

http://spr.igc.org/en/survivorstories/davidw.html

2 Likes

[quote=“CaptainPedge, post:4, topic:13894, full:true”]Either this is a repost or god damn America you got a problem
[/quote]

Naw, it’s just a few bad apples.

3 Likes

Unfortunately the Supreme Court has already failed on that one.

link

The Supreme Court handed down its ruling in Florida v Harris, a case challenging the use of drug dogs to establish probable cause. The early date of the ruling suggested that it was a lopsided decision and that would indicate that it went the wrong way, and that is exactly the case. In a 9-0 ruling authored by Justice Sotomayor, the justices essentially concluded that a drug dog’s “alert” was presumed to establish probable cause.

And research has shown how unreliable dog alerts can be:

For example, in a survey of drug dogs used by police departments in suburban Chicago published last year, the Chicago Tribune found that when a police dog alerted to the presence of drugs during a traffic stop, a subsequent search turned up narcotics just 44 percent of the time. In stops involving Hispanic drivers, the dogs’ success rate dropped to 27 percent.

This raises some interesting questions: Why are drug dogs more likely to submit an innocent motorist to the indignity of a thorough roadside search if the motorist happens to be Hispanic? Are drug dogs racist? Do they racially profile? Of course not. But their handlers probably do.

12 Likes

In New Mexico I heard the phrase “Come on Vacation, Stay on Probation”. Not sure if any of these three were from out of state but at the time I heard these I thought it was a good way to increase your population. And people on probation are probably extra compliant.

There is no world where anally and vaginally probing a human being against their will is just or humane, warrant or not, “legal” or not.

6 Likes

Absolutely. Those guys too. Name and shame all of them on the internet, so anyone who does a search on them knows what kind of people they are.

2 Likes

I second the general outrage, but there’s another thing about this, and the similar case with the man, that really bugs me. It’s that the stakes as so incredibly low. Who gives a flying damn about someone who may or may not have drugs stuffed into their orifices? Unless they have the Tardis in there, it’s only going to be a small amount. Why do the police seem so driven to humiliate and violate someone on the off chance they have a personal supply of drugs? It’s just not proportionate.

(Which leads me to believe they do it out of pure sadism rather than any sense of law enforcement at all.)

18 Likes

Whilst you’re absolutely right, you could probably fit all the LSD in the world at any one time up your bum.

2 Likes

Can drug dogs smell LSD? (Laughs quietly to self remembering the policemen during Operation Julie tripping due to the major LSD contamination of the environment. Everyone in room looks at self funny.)

2 Likes

Dunno as it goes. Interesting question. I certainly think more policemen should be on LSD.
Apropos contamination, I’ve sent myself west handling freshly-prepared sheets of blotters at a festival, way back. I made friends with a dude was running a doughnut stall. We had a splendid time.

4 Likes

You know what they say, 'If you have nothing to hide you have nothing to fear." Of course they are idiots.

6 Likes

Thanks, good info.

Just a technical point. Vaginal examinations are usually referred to as two-handed. The second hand is on the outside, palpating the lower abdomen.

I think they’ve misunderstood a bimanual vaginal exam, and then a rectal exam, with some kind of simultaneous double insertion gig

3 Likes

Well, if all you want is to get shot by the police, you certainly don’t need a gun for that.

3 Likes

I think we can now officially amend the saying to “If you have nothing to hide you have nothing to fear…except being anally violated, repeatedly.”

5 Likes

Hmmm, time to start making a modern chastity belt so that they really need a warrant to bypass the lock.

1 Like

In the second NM case:
“The lawsuit names Deming Police Officers Maricela Hernandez, Bobby Orosco, and Robert Chavez. The suit also names Hidalgo County Deputies David Arredondo, Robert Rodriguez, and Patrick Green.”

Also noted, some in NM have opened a website posting the names and further information on officials involved in all of these cases in order to publicly shame them.

Except, this latest is TX. And Border Patrol agents. The woman was a US citizen, returning from Juarez.

Dogs will alert on anything you train them to alert on - including alerting on command. I haven’t read the briefs or SC decision, but I assume this fact was not part of the case being heard at that time or they likely would have decided differently.

In any case, the dogs are merely being used as excuses to get warrants. The officers in he NM cases could just as easily have said a dog alerted when there was no dog at all. These are people who used petty traffic violations as excuses to begin their actions. just as they requested a warrant which was used outside the jurisdiction which issued the warrant. In this latest case, the BP agents didn’t even bother to ask for a warrant. And why should they? The medical center was perfectly happy to perform procedures not medically indicated anyway in all 3 cases that have come to light (so far). A warrant wouldn’t have changed that fact.

Terrorists are as terrorists do. Same goes for sexual predators. We may or may not deserve the government we get - but we sure as hell get the one we’re willing to put up with!

3 Likes