First clinical LSD trial in 40 years shows positive results in easing anxiety of dying patients

Tankers chocolate sounds a lot like mudder’s milk to me.

3 Likes

If they can figure out that LSD somehow helps with gluten sensitivity (real or imagined), they can probably earn a bajillion dollars a year (rough estimate).

2 Likes

“By this time the soma had begun to work. Eyes shone, cheeks were flushed, the inner light of universal benevolence broke out on every face in happy, friendly smiles.”

Sounds like MDMA to me…

2 Likes

Pretty much wherever psytrance is playing. Raves, doofs, festivals.

The rules are you can take any drug as long as it doesn’t do anything. If it does something useful, like open your mind, enable catharsis, relax you without addictive potential or wake you up too well it is forbidden. Its really that simple in puritan-land.

That is such a depressing phrase. God, I hate psytrance.

Good news – you don’t have to wait until 2540.

Check it out:

In the Year 2525

1 Like

“Somewhere, someone is having a nice time, and it must be stopped!”

2 Likes

When my grandmother was on her death bed (literally) she refused morphine out of some moralistic bullshit, even though she was in a lot of pain. I didn’t understand. A few days before she finally died, my aunt convinced her that there was no sin and no shame in alleviating the pain, and allowed her to administer some of the morphine. It helped.

Why, if someone is terminally ill, should they not be allowed to have whatever drugs they want? Morphine, LSD, mushrooms, cannabis, MDMA, a cigarette, bourbon, whatever they like and whatever they think will help them to feel better. It’s not like a terminally ill person is going to get addicted and start hanging out with the wrong crowd. That’s the argument that my aunt used to convince her mother that there was nothing wrong with medicating the pain.

3 Likes

If I end up in a Hospice, I want my medical notes to read, “Crank me the fuck up!”

3 Likes

I remember listening to a radio play as a tiny tot about Gary Powers. I was enthralled by the idea of him taking off, taking sleepy-time drugs until he was on station, getting a hit of “WAKE UP!!!” so he could make sure the cameras were working, then being knocked out again until it came time to land. That just seemed so sci-fi to me.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.