Watch this brief history of LSD, and glimpse of its future

[Read the post]

1 Like

Interesting video, and great to see Jay Stevens in there.

Also interesting is the shift in research to psilocybin instead of the dread Ell-Ess-Dee. Can anyone shed light on why?

I’m tripping right now!

Also, I put up photos of that Life Magazine with the LSD scare article. Start here:

Tumblr Blog

Because despite both of them being schedule I drugs, law enforcement is in a panic and tizzy over LSD, while Psilocybin never really caught on heavily as a street drug (I mean, it is, but it’s extremely niche), and thus researchers can get funding to work with it.

In short, LSD has better branding.

1 Like

I have a small hardcover book published by Sandoz, with papers from some conference about medical uses of LSD. Needless to say, from the late fifties or early sixties.

Is LSD being legally made?

When Owsley started making LSD, he actually bought something from Sandoz, not the complete LSD but an earlier step, but he knew that was going to dry up. If there is no legal use for it, why would any company be making it?

Does not once name Albert Hoffman and therefore cannot be classified as a “brief history of LSD”!!!

3 Likes

Edit to add: NSFW-ish.

R.I.P. Albert Hoffman

1 Like

You know, the early crazy cases of death and police and stuff… perhaps it was before the

3 LAWS OF TRIPPING

Cars are real.
Fire burns.
Gravity is stil a law.
And no glass by the hot tub.

1 Like

Most people got mildly psychotic

Yeah, I get that way when being interrogated by men in lab coats, without even tripping.

Set & setting, people.

3 Likes

Also interesting is the shift in research to psilocybin instead of the dread Ell-Ess-Dee. Can anyone shed light on why?

In the video, Matthew Johnson says it is because of people’s negative view of LSD. I suspect it helps that psilocybin effects last a much shorter time. The researchers can work a 9-5 while studing psilocybin, but if they are dosing a newb with LSD they may need to be in the lab for 14+ hours.

1 Like

psilocybin, the working man’s hallucinogen

1 Like

According to Walt Disney, it’s booze.

2 Likes

Yes, I’d forgotten about the long trip.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.