Five reasons to avoid a colon cleanse

People have trouble bouncing back after courses of strong antibiotics for the same reason. Even now, with antibiotic-resistant bacteria around, sometimes their doctors still fail to warn them that they’ll need to readjust their systems, and explain why their stomachs will be so upset taking the drugs. Stomach upset is one of the more common reasons people stop antibiotic courses before completion, and many of them really just don’t understand why they don’t feel good.

4 Likes

Yup. The claim then shifts to something like “Yes, some of it might be from rust, but it’ll be darker if you put your feet in there and that’s toxins.” The water might actually get darker, though it’s tough to measure that. If it does, it’s likely because your feet have sweat and such on them that make the water more conductive.

You’re bringing me the memories of my high school lab with their crappy colorimeter…! :smiley: The Lambert-Beer law, the cuvettes with samples, the box with a vernier wheel for setting the wavelength that gave different wavelength depending on if you turned it clockwise or counterclockwise…

Todo: rig up a DIY monochromator, use it as a component for low-cost colorimeter, try out hyperspectral microscopy.

Sadly, I have many, many friends who really believe in this foot bath thing. I had a conversation about this with my then husband, who was a rabid runner, and he said, “If anyone is going to bleed out toxins through their feet, it’s me, and I never see anything in my socks.” Right? I started thinking, you know, if I start having lots stuff oozing out of my feet, that is not a good thing, that’s a thing that indicates a hospital visit is needed stat. Not sure why so many smart folks buy into this one.

2 Likes

I think there are some medications you can take for that…

2 Likes

But then it’ll turn into a gum tree!

1 Like

Whoah, whoah - back up a minute.

FTFY.

Keep it coming. I can use all the ammunition I can get in my bid to avoid my next colonoscopy. They call it “prep”, but it amounts to the same thing.

We sweat the most through four places on our bodies: the soles of our feet, the palms of our hands, our armpits, and our scalps. I think the foot bath detox may come from a combination of sweating a lot through the feet, and the idea that sweating itself is supposed to be a way to release toxins and purify the body. That’s the idea behind saunas. Sweating out toxins really doesn’t work, and can actually make it harder for your liver and kidneys to function. Here’s an L.A. Times article on that topic. So, the foot bath may be an alternative to the alternative. (It won’t work either.)

1 Like

I think that I found the solution for my bubble gum blockages… teh Looj:

3 Likes

I forgot about the all natural way:

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.