Florida Mayor, immediately following prayer praising America as a land of freedom, violates civil rights

Hope I didn’t give you too hard a time. :wink:

Maybe a little but i deserved it. Makes me wonder how my own local town meetings start. Wasnt trolling, btw. Just not thinking or being clear in my words.

1 Like

Wow, perfectly timed, just got the update.

I’m not going to go so far as to blame the officer for all of this shitstorm. Certainly history has demonstrated that “I was just following orders” is not a valid defense, but I’m going to place most of the blame on the douchebag Mayor who ordered the standing then ordered the officer with an illegal order.

America is the land of the free where you will face no persecution whatsoever for stating how obedient you are.

6 Likes

How exactly and whose freedom are those US troops defending overseas?

1 Like

freedom from thought.

2 Likes

Defenders of Freedom, engaged in the Offensive Military Occupation of other countries!

Lie, cheat, steal, and betray your way to being hated by others, then shoot them before they can shoot you for being a slimeball who actually deserves it!

That’s defending yourself Han Solo style! It’s totally okay and moral, because they’re slimeballs too!

2 Likes

This sounds like Thailand. When I saw “The Matrix” in the cinema you had to stand for the national anthem, if you don’t and the staff see you they can and will call the police.

It seems like America loses it’s way a little more every day…

2 Likes

What people don’t get is that “The Free” are those with power. It’s not that everyone in the land is free, it’s that the land belongs to “The Free”.

Hyperbole isn’t very enticing.

The Koch Brothers.

2 Likes

But sarcastic invalidation is just the bees knees, eh?

1 Like

Yes. Yes, it is.

I didn’t really think painting a cop at a city council meeting as being a jack booted thug threatening someone’s life with his gun as terribly useful in a discussion. Did you?

On an unrelated note, have you become a little unfuzzier?

Just to mix things up, I’d like to point out there are a good many fundamentalists who refuse to stand for the pledge, or salute the flag, because they refuse to bow before anybody except the Lord. Fundamentalists who removed themselves from the mainstream generations ago, such as Jehovah’s Witnesses and the Amish are among them.

In fact, it bears repeating that “separation of church and state” was originally a Baptist idea. They didn’t worry about the state being corrupted by the church, but the opposite. I have to say I agree - I don’t care to pray the kind of watered-down prayer that would satisfy every Humanist and Catholic in the room.

Why do we assume Florida Man was disobedient from the left?

2 Likes

How about you pray to whatever you like to before the meeting, on your own time, when nobody else is compelled to join in?

Doesn’t the article say Florida Man was a member of the Freedom from Religion Foundation?

2 Likes

What exactly do you think would have happened next? Oh well sir if your not going to leave I will tell your mother your being naughty when you get home.

No the law less thug. I am calling him that because he was in fact acting outside of his authority in violation of state and federal law. The thug would have used violent means to force this man to leave a place he was laefully present in. In A murica that results in the death of a human being practically every day.

irs not hyperbole its the truth.

2 Likes

You are correct . I am betting this guy thinks satan buried dino bones to test our faith.

1 Like

The freedom to demand that everyone else do as you do, and have them thrown out when they refuse.