George Zimmerman is selling his fine art paintings on eBay, and we had a question for the artist

There’s some Disney by Hitler.

Bah, who’s managing this guy’s career? It’s supposed to go:

Tell All Book > Book Signings at Gun Shows > DocuDrama > Failed Political Career > Fox News Analyst >>>> Shitty Artwork

You’re only cheating yourself, George.

10 Likes

maybe the choice of the colour scheme has further meaning? blue-on-blue

Welcome to BoingBoing, new poster. We hope you stick around to provide more of your thoughtful, balanced and insightful commentary.

16 Likes

where do opinions belong?

5 Likes

Holy Carp, he didn’t even pay for the paint:

Q: What is the medium; oil or acrylic? Thanks Dec-17-13
A: Thanks for your question, The paint was donated to me by a great friend (J.S.), as far as I know it is regular household latex paint. I know its not the fanciest, but it is what we had and I needed to put these visions onto the blank canvas as soon as possible. Your friend, GZ @therealGeorgeZ

3 Likes

So, you claim that the due process and trial given to Zimmerman was a shining example of America, just after you tell people to stifle their right to free speech? Brilliant. Nice job of hand-picking the parts of the Constitution and judicial process that suit your blathering post.

6 Likes

Democratic underground is reporting it to be a Getty image, an image that they’ve used themselves before:

http://www.democraticunderground.com/10024188920#post15

4 Likes

Nice of you to join us, Rush.

I’m glad to know that you agree with every verdict ever.

Which do you prefer: Brown v BOE or Plessy v Ferguson?

That said, I agree with you. According to the (very stupid) stand your ground law, Zimmerman was innocent.

But you don’t have to be such a dick on your first post, and to our hosts, at that.

Or, here at boingboing, as people sometimes say: “Christ, what an asshole!”

23 Likes

well, i’m glad he found art. as opposed to the other ways he’s fond of expressing himself.

could be worse, and maybe it will keep him off the streets.

White man confronts, tussles with, shoots and kills black man, then found not guilty. You’re right - can’t get more American than that.

Perhaps we open minded sorts just can’t appreciate (as you apparently do) Zimmerman’s “justice system” where he was cop, judge, jury and executioner.

10 Likes

I got Hitler’s Disney right here… er, I guess this is for Hirohito.

[quote=“newliminted, post:26, topic:16927”]
Holy Carp, he didn’t even pay for the paint:
[/quote]

And? So? WTF does that have to do with ANYTHING?

I believe that piece is titled “Fox News Word Salad”.

6 Likes

“The court of public opinion” is a metaphor. You do realize that, right? That it doesn’t abrogate anyone’s rights to say mean things* about them?

*Providing you stick to true statements such as “he needlessly stalked and killed an unarmed teenager”. Though I suppose that’s not so much “mean” as “accurate”.

11 Likes

I guess we will have to disagree with the “accuracy” of some statements - and the details left out of some of the narratives.

The artwork on a Happy Meal is superior to his painting.

We’ll also have to disagree about your conviction that Zimmerman’s “not guilty” verdict should protect him from any form of censure or public criticism whatsoever. Since that’s an absolutely bizarre position and I suspect you’re not really consistent about it in the first place.

What are you pointing to as inaccurate anyway? And does it qualify as defamation?

10 Likes

Well, we have to remember this is on eBay, not Sotheby’s. Just because people are bidding into the six figures doesn’t mean they have the ability or intention of paying. The bid history shows that there are a few people with almost no posted feedback pushing this up. Hopefully that means people are just messing with him, although it could still be a few killing enthusiasts with lots of money.

11 Likes

I think you mean “no publicity is bad publicity.”

Yes, if he wasn’t proud of shooting TM, like many artists who express angst through their work, he might have translated that onto the canvas; his regret of the death (which he previously said he had deep remorse for, even though it was “unavoidable”). Instead, he wraps himself in a flag.

4 Likes