Good advice from bad people

[Permalink]

1 Like

You don’t need to indicate that Rumsfeld is evil by squishing his eyes and yellowing his teeth. A simple shot of the man’s unaltered face would have sufficed.

11 Likes

Rumsfeld has some good advice on liars and the fact that they get away with it here:

Narcissism! It works.

1 Like

Here’s the original photo (BB won’t let me post the intact image link, just remove the first space):

h ttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Donald_Rumsfeld_shares_a_laugh_with_Robert_Gates.jpg

Seems his skin tone was paled up some as well.

Shame on whoever 'shopped that photo. I’m not a Rumsfeld fan to be sure, but that sort of bullshit (like what Fox News did with those two NYT employee photos a few years back) is malicious.

8 Likes

Hey, even Adolf Hitler was right twice a day. [/godwin]

7 Likes

A simple shot of the man’s unaltered face would have sufficed.

Here ya go:

17 Likes

I always thought his horns sat a little farther forward. Thanks for clearing that up for me :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Here’s the original photo

5 Likes

Even a broken clock is right two times a day.

2 Likes

Or like USA Today did with Condoleezza Rice (unaltered).

As first published:

When fixed:

2 Likes

Rumsfeld’s quote about known knowns, known unknowns, and unknown unknowns has been helpful to me a number of times. But I’m pretty sure he was badly paraphrasing someone else when he said that. If someone could Google that for me, I’d appreciate it.

3 Likes

This is still the best manipulation

4 Likes

Hey, hey, but they’re Just A Blog™.

Just ignore that they’re a really hugely popular website that has video service on Virgin Airways, and ignore those Ford ads with the BoingBoing-branded and Make-branded cars. Ignore that it’s a valuable media property and remember that it’s just a blog.

2 Likes

So that’s what happened to the poor bastard’s body.

3 Likes

Just ignore that they’re a really hugely popular website that has video service on Virgin Airways

Always!

6 Likes

That’s such an old-fashioned pre-digital view of things!

Amen. Unnecessary at best.

3 Likes

So Newt explained why he was so oily and sweaty… good show.

But the new one, “Even a broken clock can be repurposed into a low-power Raspberry Pi peripheral” doesn’t have the same punch…

2 Likes