Hip-hop, trans people, and a glimpse of a hopeful future

Her last article? The last article I saw from her here was her shitting all over Chelsea Manning, Uncle Tomming for cis people, praising herself undeservedly, and straining to be one of the “friendly, non-threatening, assimilated people that many non-trans people can support.” (Zinnia Jones: “When what I say is used to fuel some expectation that we should all be unfailingly kind and patient in the face of nonsense, I don’t feel good about that. It’s not something I want my words to be used for at all, and such approval is not something I seek. When they try to separate us into “good ones” and “bad ones” based on how agreeable they find us, it’s often my friends who are considered the “bad ones”. And I know who I’d rather be with.”) What did you like about it, her endorsement of shithead Kristin Beck’s transphobic screed? Suggesting that Chelsea should have stayed in the closet because she’s hurting the cause? Dismissing Manning’s own lived experience and superseding it with her own arrogant narrative crap? No thanks, we don’t need anybody else throwing any of us under the bus - got enough of that already.

I don’t know why you want us to worry about some asshole who thinks he’s gay for liking me, and this constant focus on penises and what ignorant cis people think as the magical arbiters of labels needs to disappear, not be indulged. People sitting around gatekeeping sexuality, especially cis men so preoccupied with their transphobic hangups that they’ll play semantic games with the people they supposedly care about, are way out of line. This piece is bizarre.

For the last three weeks I’ve been in Bangkok with a friend as she underwent bottom surgery. She’s the same person she was before. She and I are still alike. We’re both women. She is no more a woman than she was three weeks ago and she’s no more a woman than I am now. Her boyfriend isn’t suddenly straight. Men who like me aren’t magically gay against their will because it “implies two penises in the same bed.” Andrea is so inundated in cisnormative bullshit it’s coming out her ears (and her mouth).