How are ginormous chocolate Easter Eggs made? Glad you asked

[Permalink]

1 Like

Weird. Betty’s Tea Rooms are massively famous in the UK (maybe just Northern England?), but I’d never have thought of Betty’s as “a chocolate company”.

1 Like

I bet it tastes a lot better than those atrociously sticky-sweet Cadbury eggs.

1 Like

Ginormous chocolate chickens?

3 Likes

Hollow chocolate Easter treats are such a disappointment. Ginormous hollow chocolate Easter eggs, ginormously so.

3 Likes

Now give it to me so I can make it in to poop.

Perhaps it’s not really hollow. Perhaps there’s something embryonic in there, gestating.

5 Likes

Maybe a chocolate bunny!

3 Likes

Oviparous rabbits? What strange sorcery is this?

2 Likes

Mmmm diabetes

1 Like

Xeni writes:

look like edible works of art.

Why not “are edible works of art.”?

That thing is edible?
No, I think not.

I’m willing to try.

You know, for science…

3 Likes

“Maybe it’s something we haven’t seen yet?”

4 Likes

And what happens if they drop one? An omelette fit for a king. When I toured the factory we lost one of the group. This wasn’t a real tragedy, though.

2 Likes

Came here to say the same. I actually had no idea they were more known for their produce but they serve very good tea in their tea rooms.

That’s a cool video. I really have an appreciation for people who are skilled in some sort of trade whether it is the remarkable confectionary treat that I just saw, or the detailed stitching on a bespoke shirt, or attentive welds on a piece of machinery. Thumbs up to people who make things!

1 Like

Everything Betty’s do is very good. It’s one of the most slick, professional, warm, detail attending, delicious companies that I’ve come across. From their phenomenally good fizzy water, to their great fun cookery courses, they are just so damn good at what they do.

Interestingly, I understand they haven’t moved out of a relatively small number of outlets in Yorkshire because they think they wouldn’t be able to deliver the same reliability with an extended supply chain. They could be global, but they’d rather be fantastic. I respect that hugely.

1 Like

Step 1) Get 2 really really really big Easter bunnies
Step 2) Mate giant bunnies
Step 3) Wait for mom bunny to deposit the ginormous egg in her chocolate nest filled with Peeps
Step 4) nom nom nom

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.