How to draw hyper-realistic chocolate bars

[Permalink]

3 Likes

Cellophane? It’s not, is it? It’s got to be some kind of plastic. Cellophane is that old fashioned crinkly stuff.

1 Like

Step 0. Be born with talent.

5 Likes

Counted the “zig-zags” but not the ripples.

Next you’ll tell me that I don’t actually have linoleum floors.

There’s a Monty Burns meme in here somewhere (rummage, rummage)…

As an educator, I hesitate to attribute anything to talent that can more easily be explained by hard work, reflected practice, unbridled enthusiasm, and a great deal of time.

Also: “Life’s barely long enough to get good at one thing; so be careful what you get good at.” -Rust Cohle

5 Likes

So step 0: First learn to draw really really well.

@unclemike @ben_ehlers @TornPaperNapkin

2 Likes

Fucking artists, being all talented n’shit…

Steps 1-6: still looks like a drawing
Step 7: TA DA NOW IT LOOKS LIKE A PHOTO.

Who starts on the second Twix bar before they’ve finished the first? Heathen.

5 Likes

Great comment. I recently read “Talent Is Overrated” and have been convinced that while some may be born with a certain amount of innate ability it is not nearly enough to make one great at something.

1 Like

By “heathen” I assume you mean those who prefer Heath bars.

5 Likes

What one is born with is a stubborn streak. That is all you need. It can have different names . . .

1 Like

“Talent” is really a passion overlaid with a crap ton of practice.

It’s just a willingness to be bad at something long enough to get good at it that produces what looks like talent.

7 Likes

If you knew how hard I had to work to gain my mastery it would not seem so wonderful at all.

Michelangelo

1 Like

The harder I practice, the luckier I get

• Gary Player
2 Likes

As the father of a talented kid, you’re absolutely right. Talent is no substitute for skill.

Painted billboards in the 70’s, we called them pictorials. Cars, Burgers, and Faces as real as we could paint them.
Sadly, I have no inclination to do it at this time. It was a neat job.

1 Like

it is a plastic formulation.

In some countries it is a type of mylar (if it is silver colored on the inside).
in other countries it is different type of polypropylene film (if it is white on the inside).

side note: unfortunately either way they are a very difficult type of plastic to recycle in this form, the weight per contamination level both from inks and product, make them financially unviable to recycle so thye are landfill filler.

1 Like