Humble Image Bundle: name your price for Walking Dead, Saga, Chew and more; benefit CBLDF too!

It wasn’t a personal insult. I am glad you like what you like. No offence intended.

Edit: This (my comment) comes under the heading “Statements of Opinion Without Qualification” which seems common - see this. My reasoning is purely personal. In the 1990’s Image Comics did nothing to support the wealth of small press/underground comics (for which I was a firebrand) and in fact were a negative influence on that, flooding the market with bogus issue ones (not that Marvel and DC weren’t doing the same) and Mylar bagged exclusives, pandering to a strange market of collectors, at the expense of space in each comic shop and thus, by extension, space in comics publisher’s minds, that could have been available for homegrown comics talent. This corporate fodderstomping at the time left me with an enduring disapproval, and it is going to take a lot more than this phony display of altruism to convince me they have changed their tune.

1 Like