Ingesting pure caffeine powder maybe not as great an idea as it seems, says FDA

I’m not sure you guys understand my addiction to Bulk. You can pry my CostCo card out of my cold, dead hands.

1 Like

Wow, that is pretty weird. I’ve seen some things happen when people are denied their caffeine but nothing like that.

It’s been a while since I saw the episode, but as I recall, she had a lot of things she’d committed herself to doing at once. Studying for some big test, singing at some kind of talent show, and probably a couple other things I don’t remember. Someone gave her some caffeine pills to help her stay awake and she kept taking them for a few days. I think what was supposed to be going on in that scene is sleep deprivation combined with being jittery from taking so much caffeine. What’s really crazy is I don’t think they got around to the “marijuana is bad” episode until a year later.

1 Like

Doesn’t seem that crazy to me. Caffeine is way more dangerous than THC.

Sure, but this was the era of Cartoon All-Stars to the Rescue. When the older brother steals his sister’s piggy bank to buy weed to smoke at the video arcade because he’s addicted to the marijuanas. And that leads directly into crack. I don’t remember caffeine being mentioned at all in there.

It’s not really fair to compare it to DARE propaganda.

I assumed that programming aimed at younger audiences were basically required or paid to do anti-drug episodes. They always seem to be the worst written ones.

That made it educational – I think that there is a requirement for X hours of educational children’s programing.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.