Journalists around the world voice support for Netzpolitik after outrageous 'treason' investigation

[Read the post]

2 Likes

Was it really necessary to quote the five pages of signatures? That list of names took up over six times as much space as the rest of the article. The English portion of the letter would have sufficed for the quote, with a link to the full bi-lingual version with signatures.

That being said:

two of its journalists were under investigation for treason for reporting on their government's mass surveillance programs - in other words they were being investigated for doing their job.
So, investigative journalists being investigated for investigating in an investigative manner?
1 Like

Nah. Finding Gabriella Coleman’s name on the list was like experiencing a mental change in font. It made the whole list of names worth it. I mean, like, “Biella-Fucking-Coleman.”

When are the world’s governments going to band together to solve this journalism problem once and for all? All we really need is one newspaper, called “Truth.”

1 Like

And in it shall be a single blank page and a single black page.

1 Like

I think it is awesome to see all the signatories. The extensive list reveals who did not sign -

no one identifying with Truthout, Democracy Now, Huffington Post, RT, or Project Censored signed.

[quote=“PCJ, post:6, topic:63159, full:true”]
I think it is awesome to see all the signatories. The extensive list reveals who did not sign -
[/quote]Which is why there should have been a link to it. However, the vast majority of people aren’t actually going to read that list, and scrolling down through five pages of what equates to filler after less than a page of actual content in order to get to the forum link is egregiously annoying.

1 Like

Were they told? Prod them. Maybe they’ll join.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.