Kickstarting Danger! Awesome, a hackerspace in Cambridge, Mass

[Permalink]

I live in Cambridge, and this is another place I’m glad to have nearby (just an FYI) ;

http://artisansasylum.com

I can’t begin to tell you how wonderful the folks at D!A are. Came in off the street with my 4yo daughter with some ideas for a b-day present for her mom, and they worked with us and encouraged her input to come up with a gorgeous finished product. They genuinely inspire people and give them the tools to make beautiful things, and I’m excited to see what they can do with the new space. If you’re in the Boston area, you should absolutely visit them and (if you have the cash) back their Kickstarter.

I’m thrilled that Danger Awesome is expanding. They are cool folks. The whole Camberville area (Somerville and Cambridge, basically all the shit across the Charles river of what you think of as Boston) is a real Maker Mecca these days. Artisan’s Asylum is another massive maker space in the area. The local towns are extraordinarily friendly to this sort of thing and we have makerish festivals basically non-stop when it is warm out.

Yeah, the weather sucks 4 months out of the year, but Cambridge and Somerville is otherwise a near utopia for intelligent folks looking to get their hands dirty on this sort of thing.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.