Last-Minute Valentine's Day Gifts

[Read the post]

1 Like

An actual beating human heart.

4 Likes

Flashing LED Heart Kit / $10
Solder up a special something for your loved one or, better yet, have a romantic maker date and do it yourselves. Ah, love just makes everything glow.

Plus, you can save on fragrances since you’ll only be able to smell rosin afterwards, amirite?

I was looking for a good source for DIY kits of this nature; it seems to me that at $10 it’s probably being sold at a tremendous markup. Any suggestions?

1 Like

Magic 8 Ball Butt Plug.

It’s only $30!

6 Likes

Except for the suggestions from Cory, which help support Cory Doctorow. Cory strongly believes in sharing the wealth, except when it impacts his own wallet.

Wire-wrapped design on a perfboard, protoboard, or free-standing wires. Standalone through-hole LEDs can be shaped and soldered with ease.

If the wiring is done pretty enough, the whole thing can be potted in e.g. crystal resin for wear as a functional jewel.

Good choice for those who want to pull answers out of their arses.

4 Likes

Please don’t buy that Moleskine to go with that fantastic Pilot Namiki! Get your lover a Rhodia Webnotebook instead! (Moleskines aren’t intended for use with the liquid ink in fountain pens.)

1 Like

It would require quite a bit of skillful contortion to get in a position where the answer would rise to the top… or would it rise to the bottom?

1 Like

All but a few of the links support individual editors, not just the editor you’re watching. Boing Boing is us.

2 Likes

I’ve recently become quite angry at how bleedy molekines are with many pens and shall not recommend them again!

1 Like

And Rhodia products are generally cheaper! Plus people comment on your snazzy orange notebooks.

1 Like

A vibrator…a gift that says ‘go fuck yourself’.

3 Likes

Are you disappointed in bOINGbOING, Rob?

3 Likes

Eh, we went and saw Deadpool and didn’t exchange gifts. Now that valentines day is over (here) we’ll scope out the discount boxes of chocolates.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.