Mayor of Jackson, MS: "I believe we can pray potholes away"

Don’t blame you a bit. It’s one of the most infuriatingly unfair can’t-win situations one can find oneself in.

5 Likes

In fairness I think it was mostly the priests that did the eating.

Just because your’e square with God doesn’t mean you’re square with me… and abandoning your children and breaking your oaths of fidelity and unity I take a damned dim view on, mostly because my stepdad and dad did both.

You have my sincerest sympathies and I personally hope you have a better life than that asshole is trying to keep you chained to. Fucker it’s over, sop trying to keep the cinderblock around the other person’s neck. You’re the asshole here you need to grow the fuck up and accept that they, and your kids, are better without you.

Stay aweosme lady, you are the most important person in your children’s lives. And… never focus on Can’t. Don’t keep telling them what they can’t do, no matter what physical or financial roadblock they’ve got. FOcus instead on what they CAN do, far more positive outlook. Even if Can doesn’t align with ‘Want.’

2 Likes

This would probably bug me less if I weren’t currently somewhat famished. BBQ sounds so good right now.

1 Like
4 Likes

Sort of like, “Why do all the lucky guys seem to have spent so much time preparing?”

3 Likes

Tagging this one in my RSS reader under “Wishful Thinking”…

1 Like

The Levite tribe in the Old Testament were entitled to eat the sacrifices at the Temple/Tabernacle. It’s a big part of how the priests ate at all.

1 Like

I think that’d be a great superpower, to pray at shit and it suddenly gets hot asphalt poured on it and rolled beneath compactors?

Prasphalt Man and Compactress! Paving the way for Justice!

(edit - I just prayed at my cat because it’s caterwauling threatens to wake the children…no dice. Although it’s for the best, since burning crushing cat is probably louder, at least for a few seconds, than standard caterwauling… I know, it was a risk, I shouldnadunnit, but I’m not the Mayor so…)

4 Likes

I smell retro 80’s saterday morning internet cartoon…

And hot asphalt.

Iris be awesome. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Trust in god, but tie up your camel fill in your potholes first

4 Likes

Problem solved!

3 Likes

We can bless their hearts.

12 Likes

That is awesome! Thank You!

My grandmother was from MS. She didn’t say it often, but when blessing their hearts didn’t quite go far enough, she would “bless their pointy little heads”.

18 Likes

May I recommend the “Fuck Today” thread to you, for that? Because eff that!

5 Likes

You pray for the hungry. Then you feed them. That’s how prayer works.

Pope Francis

12 Likes

Also pretty common that the priestly folks get the spoils. “In order to appease the gods, you must come over and make me a chicken dinner - er, I mean, come to the temple and sacrifice a chicken for the gods.”

1 Like

That sounds unsanitary.

2 Likes

Wait, how does it work? What’s the point? Honestly.

Also:

“Of course we won’t send back the child rapists to stand trial. Who do you think we are? The self-proclaimed authority on absolute morality?” --Every pope, including Francis.

4 Likes