Microsoft video attacks Google's Chrome as surveillance technology

Alternatives? Sure!

Browser: Firefox

Email program: Thunderbird
Email service: Get cheap web hosting for $5 a month (+$15/year for the domain) and have your own personalized email address.

Search: Aside from self-anonymized services like Startpage, there is also a browser extension for Firefox that routes your Google-going data through an anonymizing server.

2 Likes

Iā€™m not saying Google doesnā€™t spy, (most of the time Iā€™ve seen it, ā€œthe pot calling the kettle blackā€ means calling someone out for a trait you happen to have, too).

Iā€™m just saying that, while Microsoft may not do it through their web browser (it barely even works as a browser, how and why would you expect it to work as a surveillance tool?), the only sensible reactions to Microsoft trying to imply theyā€™re somehow not as deep into the intelligence-industrial complex as Google is to either quietly shake your head, or burst out laughing.

DuckDuckGo is cute ā€” has its search performance been improving lately?

I think it does pretty well. The only thing that I still have to use Google for is image searches.

1 Like

Is there an alternative to PPT, WORD and EXCEL? Or are those tools just another completely wrong approach to communication anyway? As far as Iā€™m concerned I hate them. MS Project most of all.

I think this is your best bet:

http://www.libreoffice.org/

I donā€™t know of an alternative to MS Project though.

That was the reply I was afraid to get :frowning:

Sorryā€¦

Like I said^^ Longing for better days :wink:

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.