"Ok Google turnoff corporate propaganda mode"

Originally published at: "Ok Google turnoff corporate propaganda mode" | Boing Boing

7 Likes

“Ok Google turnoff corporate propaganda mode”

Ah, the warm fuzzy blanket of being tracked / monetized / categorized / spied upon by our fellow human overlords. Soul sucking to say the least.

8 Likes

The video prompted my google assistant to spew article headlines about how Google is trying to deflect from its ethics team “reorganization.” Weird how the corporate media would phrase that…

10 Likes

TBH, I expected the countdown to begin right after that… :nerd_face:

7 Likes

I just wonder what else they got cookin in the back labs now that the slogan is “Be Evil.” I mean there can’t be THAT many Google employees with the ethics to whistle blow, and certainly fewer now than before.

4 Likes

i guess if understanding the joke requires creating a twitter account i’m going to stay in the dark.

2 Likes

“Thank you for your order of one Google Killbot with 5-minute delivery! And a friendly reminder that running is good exercise, but hiding can be dangerous. Have a nice day!”

6 Likes

Hey, it’s a small price to pay to remain on the couch while dimming the lights and skipping songs on Spotify.

3 Likes

Loads without login for me, at least on desktop. It’s a repost from Tik Tok, so definitely no Twitter required.

2 Likes

Ethics? That’s a county in the South East of England, isn’t it?

6 Likes

I LOL’d at the part about companies doing bad shit on Friday to avoid the news. Can’t tell you how many times I’ve experienced this weak tactic from my feudal corporate overlords.

4 Likes

Yeth. Near Wethics, and Suthics.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.