Minimalist Bluetooth knob controls "anything"

Does it go to 11?

yes, of course, but thatā€™s not what i was asking.

Kind of ridiculously expensive for a single dialā€¦ Anything Iā€™d want to use this for (lightroom, in my case) would best be served by having a bank of 10+ small dials rather than one large one.

I had one of the USB ones back in the day, the company sent it to me to review for Appleā€™s Logic Audio (I ran the biggest site for this, and worked with Apple on the product). The greatest thing about it was the weight. It felt substantial. And when you spun it, it had momentum.

This is one thing I miss in todayā€™s equipmentā€¦it felt real and it felt good in your hands.

That said, it wasnā€™t very useful for a lot of things! Quickly spinning down the volume when I had sliders already there didnā€™t make it any more useful. However, EVERYONE loved to play with it. I think thatā€™s why it ended up disappearing from my desk. I kinda wish I still had one :frowning:

2 Likes

If I had a few months vacation and the spare money, I would make a raspi lower-third title display device. Nice spinny name selection on one screen, and a video output for chroma-keying.

This is an excellent suggestion. Just FYI(if not to you, to anyone else reading this) the VCR read heads that Iā€™ve dealt with pick up fingerprints like crazy and can actually run into corrosion issues from filthy human skin-oil that ruin their pristine shininess surprisingly quickly. If you want to use one for a nice fiddly knob, protective coating might be in order.

1 Like

Since itā€™s Bluetooth, thatā€™s going to be "Controls ā€˜anythingā€™, intermittently.ā€™

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.