New film about Kurt Cobain death conspiracy

[Permalink]

When I saw the documentary a few years agoā€¦ I admit it was a bit eerie.

Why not investigate all the way?

Many questions about this by some legit playersā€¦ Former Chief of Police? Forensics experts? All have legit questions - thereā€™s motive etcā€¦

why is this a ā€˜tiredā€™ old conspiracy?

Probably because thereā€™s a ton of ā€œinconsistenciesā€ and ā€œwhat ifā€™sā€ but absolutely no concrete evidence that could be used to actually point a finger. Everything is speculation. Some of itā€™s well informed speculation, but thatā€™s about as far as it goes.

I agree the whole thing has always looked suspicious, but after 20 years of Grant spinning his tires and not getting any traction itā€™s not hard to wonder if heā€™s forcing this thing just to keep his name in the spotlight.

1 Like

Oh conspiraciesā€¦ such a great way to make money on lame films.

I believe there was a complete and thorough police investigation that came up with a conclusive, evidence based cause of death. All these ā€˜what-ifā€™ and ā€˜unansweredā€™ questions were in fact answered by the complete lack of evidence.
No one can actually accomplish a real criminal conspiracy, people are basically incompetent with keeping secrets, and self preservation would shatter any conspiracy should the slightest piece of evidence implicate someone, they would turn in a millisecond.

Conspiracies make great books and films, just keep them in the fiction section and not in documentary.

2 Likes

ā€œKurt & Courtneyā€ was infuriating because in between that pretentious twit piddling on about his conspiracy nonsense, there were some amazing interviews and history about Courtney Love.

1 Like

The funniest thing about the first documentary is that anyone would trust El Duce to pull off a hit. I wouldnā€™t have trusted the guy to return my movies to Redbox. He was a funny guy, but a huge alchoholic & junkie.

The conspiracy wasnā€™t a hit. His death was faked. Heā€™s with Morrison now, in France. Wake up, sheeple!

conspiracies - an agreement by two or more persons to commit a crime, fraud, or other wrongful act.

This happens all the timeā€¦ centuries of proof and evidence reveal countless conspiracies have been pulled off successfully, over and over again. People collude and get away with it.

The problem is that the word ā€˜conspiracyā€™ has been cleverly and completely associated with crackpot theories and tinfoil-mad-hattersā€¦ forever trashing a simple, accurate definition - to conspire against.

1 Like

and was later run over by a trainā€¦ apparently.

If you ever met El Duce or saw The Mentors live, him going to the liquor store in the middle of the day and then getting hit by a train would not be a surprise.

El Duceā€™s bit was my favorite part in that movie!

2 Likes

Donā€™t forget his great talk show appearances!

I love a good conspiracy theory. But like most, they really are more complicated and hard to believe than the simple facts.

It really just isnā€™t that hard to believe that Cobain killed himself.

Letā€™s review:

• He had a history of risky behavior, including drug overdoses
  • The week before his death, he locked himself in the bathroom with his guns, causing Courtney Love to call the Police.
  • For Godā€™s sake, one of the last songs he released before his death was ā€œI Hate Myself and Want to Die.ā€

Iā€™m sure there are some anomalies, they always are. I could see, for instance, Cobain overdosing after partying with people, and the people then faking the suicide so they arenā€™t implicated. But, there just is no reason for the murder.

1 Like

The book ā€œLove and Deathā€ sure did a great job making me consider it a very valid possibility that it wasnā€™t suicide and that Courtney Love may have been involved.

He certainly seems to be clinging to a lost cause, but it seems just as plausible that he really believes it and is doggedly pursuing justice.

1 Like

[quote=ā€œraw, post:8, topic:28003ā€]
The problem is that the word ā€˜conspiracyā€™ has been cleverly and completely associated with crackpot theories and tinfoil-mad-hattersā€¦ forever trashing a simple, accurate definition - to conspire against.
[/quote]uhā€¦ I think youā€™re conflating conspiracy with conspiracy theory.

1 Like

None of that changes that there are enough questions surrounding the circumstances of his death to justify closer inspection. Just because thereā€™s a simple explanation doesnā€™t mean itā€™s automatically the truth.

The police did a pretty good job butchering the evidence to the point that a thorough investigation was not only impossible in 1994, but here in 2014. Not that Iā€™m siding with Tom Grant either, heā€™s always had that air of ā€œcrackpotā€ around him. Iā€™m just saying a closer look was justified.

Iā€™ve never found anything particularly suspicious about a depressed man taking his own life. Iā€™ve always suspected that people wanted there to be more to the story simply because Courtney Love is a rather, shall we say, unsympathetic character.

5 Likes

She was great in The People vs. Larry Flynt, though.

1 Like