Nine-minute recap of Game of Thrones, seasons 1-3

[Permalink]

1 Like

Kind of weird to watch how Jaime Lannister went from “irredeemably evil sisterfucking asshole who throws kids out of windows” to “noble protagonist.”

6 Likes

Wow. I don’t think I’ve ever felt such an uncontrollable urge to murder appear quite so quickly as that video inspired in me.

3 word recap:
Swords, dying, bewbs.

1 Like

In the books, each chapter is written from a character’s perspective, and most of the early chapters are from the Starks. They aren’t fond of the Lannisters from the beginning and they come off like assholes. Once you start reading the chapters from the Lannisters viewpoint, the characters become much more sympathetic.

They can’t reproduce this for the TV series, and it was quite noticeable to me from the beginning that the characters were more rounded and conflicted, Circe in particular.

1 Like

To be fair, he was more of an irredeemably evil asshole who throws kids out of windows while making sweet, tender love to his sister.

Normally that’s not a distinction I’d hang a lot of weight on, but you look for the bright spots where you can in this thing.

So incest is one of the brighter spots in this series. I think that describes Game of Thrones pretty well.

So incest is one of the brighter spots in this series. I think that describes Game of Thrones pretty well.

Well, yeah, but just the loving, caring Lannister incest. Not the rapey Targaryen incest.

And let’s not even get started on the Craster incest.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.