NSA and GHCQ spying on your smartphone apps, grabbing your data

[Permalink]

1 Like

Until now I never realized that the Mighty Eagle from “Angry Birds” was actually this guy making a cameo.

2 Likes

Terrorists use LinkedIn? Who knew?

1 Like

I know my viewpoints on NSA topics are not without dissent.

But it is becoming increasingly irrelevant whether or not what Snowden is revealing is solely due to his handiwork.

And it is becoming increasingly more irrelevant whether or not what Snowden is revealing is true.

The fact is, this whole series of events is moving the Overton Window further and further in the direction of public resignation to the fact that some of these programs are acceptable, if not inevitable.

That’s the literal worst.

Why does boingboing keep running stories on NSA/spying/4th amendment/police state issues? I’ve been told by their ad department that their audience doesn’t really care about these issues. Seems like a weird disconnect between the audience and the editors.

1 Like

It is the world’s premier professional social networking site. Why wouldn’t they use it, too. They probably have some interesting “accomplishments” sections on their resumes.

Until now I never realized that the Mighty Eagle from "Angry Birds" was actually this guy making a cameo.

Isn’t that pretty much in line with what they have always done except that for obvious reasons these issues have been much more visible recently?

I truly hope when all the Snowden leaking is done that someone puts the story of all leaks in one mega Powerpoint horror show. Just when I think, “Nah, the NSA cannot make their Powerpoint presentations any more awful [style] or any more creepy [content],” they do.

Figuratively.

“If I’d meant that, I’d have said it.”
- Humpty Dumpty

LOL. Why do I miss the best jokes?

1 Like