On space-borne espresso pods

[Permalink]

Coffee : Coffee Pods :: Fresh Squeezed OJ : Tang

Coffee Pods or Nescafe?

I am pretty sure this must be comment-bait.

Seriously.

What? You don’t see a problem with loose coffee grounds screwing up every single other thing on the space station?

Wait, I missed the part where they say that “all coffee is good except for coffee pods.” Because Folger’s Crystals. Bait.

5 Likes

Geez… a bit harsh for an engineering project.

1 Like

The best coffee is the coffee that’s in my cup when I’m having breakfast.

8 Likes

Yeah, it’s kinda hard to do a bespoke cold drip through authentic Cherokee hair mesh filters in freaking SPACE.

2 Likes

I don’t know - water on one side - coffee in the middle - collection pot hooked up to space.

1 Like

Says the guy who drinks fancy artisanal salted coffee :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have a Nespresso espresso machine, and I think it’s pretty rad. I also think the espresso I get out of it is better than the vast majority of espresso I’ve ever had at hip coffee places, generic coffee places, etc. Sure, those little pods are wasteful, but I don’t go through a terribly large volume of them (I’m not a fiend).

1 Like

Hey, it’s an old diner trick to keep the coffee from tasting bitter.

1 Like

I would love to see some sourcing on this “actual garbage” claim. I suppose the better alternative would be to train a Melbourne barista to serve artisinal single origin coffee in space?

2 Likes

Yes! Was invented in the 1830s, 130 years early just so we could have time to perfect the technology.

Works great to sweeten up green tea as well - just a few grains in a cup of green tea takes away a lot of bitterness.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.