People love kicking robotic dogs

We prefer the term “Neutralize” at Sirius Cybernetics Corporation… Share and enjoy. And go stick your head in a pig.

2 Likes

We all like to punch the toaster once in a while.

Sweep the leg, David.

No Mercy.

5 Likes

5 Likes

I see a “stress-release officer” job for a Cylon…

1 Like

There was a nice golden era sci-fi story abut a bunch of mean little boys and their indestructible rubbery pit bulls, who would fight for their amusement. They’d get bored and do things like stab them in the eye, but it made no impression on the dogs at all except that they’d wag their tails. I forget the plot, but I’m guessing hostile aliens landed and got chewed up.

1 Like

kicking the robot, wow… engineers are so fucking charming

Suggest another method with comparable ease and efficiency for application of force impulse to demonstrate/test the robot’s balance recovering ability.

1 Like

Not as easy, but still pretty efficient. I’d say an acceptable substitute, as long as you only use the one log:

6 Likes

2 Likes

Ah, ponies.

1 Like

4 Likes

That just made me remember the rat-things from Snow Crash. Now I gotta take phone calls with my voice cracking.

2 Likes

Important: are there any dogs in Star Wars? And don’t Chewbacca me. Did mankind spread into the stars but not dogkind? A bit sad.

2 Likes

I suppose we’ll always have Laika, even if she died poorly. Overheating and stressing out. Bad way to go.

1 Like

Super sad. What does it say about us that the first Earthlings in space were ‘volunteered’ into suicide missions they couldn’t even understand?

But that’s here and now. I’m still curious about a long time ago in a galaxy far away. :smile:

Snow Crash?

1 Like

I dunno. probably the earliest species into space that appeared in the original trilogy were the Rhodians (Greedo’s Species). Described as valiant explorers in the Wookieepedia. I can’t imagine they’d flight test with sentient creatures that aren’t just themselves.

That’s what I meant. I’ll correct it.

Imagine that! I guess we are more the Spathi type, to mix galactic metaphors.

(volume warning)

1 Like