Pink goop in Chicken McNuggets?

I did Google it. I found one reference to it in "cafemom.com". If that's your sauce as well, then your standard of evidence is pretty low.

Let’s see, it was a fluffy interview with the CEO of McDonald’s. It was a fluff piece defending McDonald’s, so it’s not from an activist website that’s biased against them and the writer has a picture of herself with the CEO during the interview:

I think the problem you have is not with the source itself, but the fact that some of the content of the interview doesn’t fit within your pre-determined mindset.

“It is actually a meat production plant in China that we don’t even use"

• Jan Fields, McDonalds CEO

SamSam, the photo is not a hoax, it’s mechanically separated chicken just as the initial website Boing Boing linked to said it was.

But I honestly thought you had a real reference (since you cited so many other things)

That’s the funny thing. I’m pretty much the only one supporting myself with references in this thread, yet I’m the one who is suspect. I find that as laughable as it is lazy on the part of my detractors.

But, apparently I’m the only one capable of finding sources, so here goes:

@Ryuthrowsstuff :

At no point have I seen a good, confirmable claim that its origins and content had been pin pointed

http://www.ksdk.com/story/news/2013/10/19/3044041/#

KSDK-TV

…Treating scrap meat with ammonium hydroxide creates a pink goo that is used to extend meat products like chicken and beef and to kill bacteria. "

Also, here it is from the Beef Products Incorporated:

…A common photo used by most news organizations is actually a photo of chicken and is not beef…” … Indeed, the company contends, the public is not seeing beef when they see so-called pink slime. “The image spreading on the Internet is not beef,” it says in its “Top 8 Myths of ‘Pink Slime.’ ”

I’m sure instead of thanking me for doing your research for you SamSam, etc. none of my sources will satisfy the pre-detemined mindset, but so be it. I’m sure the photo has been used incorrectly to represent different processes including errantly shown as beef, but that’s doesn’t make the picture itself a “hoax” or a “fake” as the industry would like us all to believe. It’s “pink slime” from chicken.

Meanwhile, you guys keep eating up industry talking points, I wonder why?

http://annelandmanblog.com/2012/03/18/pink-slime-manufacturer-starts-new-website-pinkslimeisamyth-com-usda-backs-off-pushing-pink-slime-in-schools/

2 Likes