Enjoy delicious Tyson rubber nuggets while you can

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/01/30/enjoy-delicious-tyson-rubber-n.html

3 Likes

Am I really the first to say thought those chicken nuggets were rubber anyway, all the way down?

10 Likes

It seems you are. I came specifically to make a pithy comment about rubber chicken, but happy you beat me to it.

8 Likes

Never to late to make rubber chicken references it is.

11 Likes

Between the Tyson rubber chickens and the Purdue wood chickens, you would almost think that mass produced pre cooked frozen chicken nuggets tend to only contain actual chicken due to manufacturing accidents.

12 Likes

I guess the “Extra-Rubbery” nuggets didn’t catch on like they thought they would.

2 Likes

Chewing gum really is made of rubber.

Nothing says delicious like mass produced nuggets.

nuggets_CNN

2 Likes

(edit) I didn’t mean this to be directed to you, @Akimbo_NOT

I was going to reply that I needed to save that pic to look at any time I started hating my job, but I would still end up spending more time looking at that pic than I would working.

2 Likes

Every now and then…I am fine with some nugs from McDonald’s. My daughter and I will grab a 10 piece and split it. I think we just jones for the sweet and sour sauce.

I cannot recall the last time I bought frozen chicken nuggets for home. My kids all realized a long time ago, cutting, breading, and frying fresh chicken breast meat is way better.

3 Likes

I graduated college during a recession and while scrounging for work I kept a cut out of job listing found in the paper for a “Chicken Hanger”. It was motivational.

ETA: Annnnd here’s a posting for a second shift Chicken Hanger: Second Shift Live Hangers Note the farm has a “Wellness Center” (Shudders)

Funny how once it all it takes to know exactly what a chicken nugget is going to taste like.

chicken-nuggets-gif-1

8 Likes

Huh, I actually like the Tyson nuggets. And the Trader Joes nuggets.

2 Likes

Is it wrong that I want to eat those right now?

3 Likes

Rubber nuggets need an upgrade to Flubber nuggets.

5 Likes

I bought a rubber nugget online, but you’re not supposed to put it in your mouth.

1 Like

Has anyone else noticed the proliferation of recalled foods lately,
even including pet foods?
If it’s not the spinach, lettuce or
nuggets
it’s the “fruit”-ring cereal.
Does this mean the FDA is on top of things,
or there’s not enough inspectors?

2 Likes

Well now, I wouldn’t say that…

4 Likes

Eeeeeewwww
thanks for that link
I think

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.