Enjoy this video of hotdogs being made from sludge

Originally published at: Enjoy this video of hotdogs being made from sludge | Boing Boing

4 Likes

This is where Steve McQueen got his start.

2 Likes

It is about chicken nuggets, but this is my favorite take on these types of topics.

11 Likes

Enjoy this video of hotdogs being made from sludge

Hmm Nope GIF - Tenor GIF Keyboard - Bring Personality To Your Conversations | Say more with Tenor | Nope gif, Gif, Nope

5 Likes

The Iron Chancellor, Otto von Bismark said, “Laws are like sausages, it is better not to see them being made.”

Interestingly, Jamie Oliver’s crusade against the “Turkey Twizzler” in his UK school food programme was successful. Perhaps he thought the same approach would work in his US show.

3 Likes

Those machines always fascinate me.

Also, do the hot dogs that fail quality control because the casing hasn’t been removed properly go back into the process?

3 Likes

Ever meet a person you like? wait till you see this video I found of the weird way humans are made…

5 Likes

I Think You Should Leave Tim Robinson GIF by NETFLIX

3 Likes

Overall i don’t have an issue with how sausages are made, and they can use off cuts that might be wasted otherwise but the highly processed nature of it all really puts me off. Used to love them as a kid but after a certain point i strongly disliked them, i might make the odd exception for well made sausages once in a blue moon but i do avoid it in general

2 Likes

Here’s a delightful video of Grant Imahara, may he rest in piece, showing how chicken nuggets are made and debunking the “pink slime” myth.

5 Likes

Aw, hell. Let’s throw this one in for a bonus. Or a bolognus.

5 Likes

The only way I can accurately spell “bologna” is if I sing the jingle in my head.

4 Likes

:grimacing:

2 Likes

randy marsh speaking GIF by South Park

(In reference to the video – kind of like those old movies where the film cuts to a train entering the tunnel when the lovers are kissing)

2 Likes

Tom Cruise What GIF

7 Likes

Don’t forget about bread!

cbc not lying GIF by Kim's Convenience

1 Like

The yikes in the videos that he made was that they were basically commissioned videos by McDonalds. That’s like the tobacco industry paying some youtuber to make a video about how tobacco is good for the lungs.

5 Likes

… I get plenty of sugars in my diet on purpose, I don’t need any in my non-bakery-discount-rack food objects :confused:

4 Likes

That is a yikes. However, the video still doesn’t make me want to eat McDonalds. :grin:

1 Like

I, for one, do not want to see how the sausage is made

2 Likes