Rand Paul plans to crush the PATRIOT Act

Rand Paul has a PR person. Part of the charm of Bernie Sanders is that he’s completely unpolished.

That’s about the same level of cynicism on Sanders the majority of readers are giving Paul. That being said, unless Sanders is able to gain some major ground over Hillary through campaigning, he’s likely to be the Democrat’s version of RON PAUL!!!

1 Like

Yikes.

From The New York Times:

WASHINGTON — The government’s authority to sweep up vast quantities of phone records in the hunt for terrorists expired at 12:01 a.m. Monday after Senator Rand Paul, Republican of Kentucky, blocked an extension of the program during an extraordinary and at times caustic Sunday session of the Senate.

Though in general I dislike the guy, I’ll give him props for fighting this monstrosity of a bill. Way to go dude.

4 Likes

I don’t have any ideal Pauls, and I don’t base my judgements on propaganda from either party.

Couldn’t agree with you more on that one! I just think it’s unmannerly to criticize someone while they are actually in the very act of doing something I think is right. If they are like most humans, that will discourage them from doing the right thing in the future. I like to praise good action, especially when it comes from unexpected quarters.

There is always time to be critical when they are in the act of doing the wrong thing. Seems like Obama would be a better target at this time.

I think, in many ways, Rand Paul is a PR person, but for his brand of libertarianism (or liberalism if you’re from across the pond). It’s individual rights at the expense of everything else, which is consistent, I suppose, but runs into problems when Kentucky experiences a
natural disaster or something and needs assistance from the federal government to get it out of its hole.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.