Red Pill, Blue Pill: if Dr Seuss wrote about Men's Rights Advocates

LOL - ok, I am old, so after a certain point, there wasn’t anyone left “in my circle” - so we all had to start hunting outside our normal parameters, so to speak. When I met MrPants, I did just that, I went out specifically seeking someone I would not normally meet, and I did, and its been a pretty grand 11+ years. :wink:

Also, you seem to be living/explaining this phenomena pretty well…

1 Like

I hope that wasn’t taken as an insult - I was describing my confusion at the time when interpreting someone else’s action from my own very limited framework.

1 Like

Oh and I just assume everyone is some sort of exotic sealife IRL. Like me.

6 Likes

Says the person with the octopus on her head.

1 Like

ha, for all these years I’ve just seen that as a regular haircut, never spotted the eye.

1 Like

Let me bro-fist you like a muppet.

NB: Internet Fishbump

Been there.

3 Likes

6 Likes

I have a doctor’s note for my comfort octopus.

10 Likes

Oliver Sacks had a similar situation with a close friend in school. Eventually, Sacks brought it up and his friend was “I love you like a brother. I know you feel that way but I don’t but we’re still good friends” and they went on (well, until his friend got cancer and died). I wish it worked out that way more often for folks.

3 Likes

My avatar is sexy me in black and white from a photoset a photographer friend of mine did for me and my wife.

Imgur

2 Likes

I think the problem is worse in younger men. It was for me. I didn’t know how to talk to people about sex or relationships. I had poor models for how it was supposed to work. I’m probably mildly aspergers so I have blunt speech and don’t always catch verbal nuances. It’s hard when you’re younger.

After a couple of decades, you’ve been on the merry-go-round a few times (usually) and have seen the same shit over and over, in your life and that of your friends. Sometimes that makes you more direct or less worried about aspects of it or simply willing to just shut up and see where things go rather than having to talk about it all the time.

3 Likes

1 Like

Ultimatums are soooooo sexy!

1 Like

You seem human enough, I suppose.

2 Likes

My wife might disagree at times.

2 Likes

2 Likes

Nothing says I love you like boundary violations

/s

5 Likes