Rumsfeld compares president to a 'trained ape'

Did Boing Boing lower the level of discourse to a point where it no longer has your respect? Those bastards!

Look, bub, maybe itā€™s best for all that those unknown unknowns remain unknown.

Ya know?

3 Likes

Heā€™s an abhorrent, horrible person who had a hand in the death of hundreds of thousands. Letā€™s be clear on that from the get go.

Butā€¦ while ā€œtrained apeā€ is a stupid phrase, I doubt it was racially motivated, even in a dog-whistling kind of way ā€“ heā€™s used that same term multiple times over the years in different scopes --seems to be a favorite of his. Somebody at Slate seems to have their doubts too:

8 Likes

When I saw your headline I honestly thought he was finally admitting that Dubya had been their performing chimp.

4 Likes

Gawker comment win: ā€œDonald Rumsfeld Shits Bed, Complains New Tenants Should Do More About The Smell.ā€

8 Likes

Thatā€™s how I read it too - basically on a par with, ā€œmy grandmother could do thatā€.

Ah, the ā€œeven a broken clock is wrong most of the rest of the day tooā€ defense.

ā€œreached deep inside his brainā€.

units?

Oh, so now you think Rummy suddenly gets the concept of blowback?

ā€œheā€™s used that same term multiple times over the years in different scopes --seems to be a favorite of hisā€

Then itā€™s past time he grew up and got a fucking clue. Terms that were merely dickish when he was a babe carry more baggage now, and are no longer acceptable.

2 Likes

Probably notā€¦

I think he contrasted the Obama administration against a ā€˜trained apeā€™ - not compared as in likening.

Granted, using ā€˜apeā€™ in any regard when talking about something a black person is in charge of is super idiotic - But it wasnā€™t a likening. He specifically said this administration is NOT a trained ape because, in his example, a trained ape would be better.

2 Likes

If you think a blog post on boingboing is going to trivialize a person that powerful, you havenā€™t been on the playground very long.

Maybe they should stick to gadgetry and Rob Ford.

Let me know when you set those goalposts down.

1 Like

Look at those bananasā€¦just look at them.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.