Samsung Galaxy back-door allows for over-the-air filesystem access

The reason I compared tech to big pharma is because big pharma is the who can afford to do actual science and peer review in the context of public health. Bakeries do not do actual science and peer review—at least not in any way that is meaningfully different than how tech already does “science” and “peer review.” It’s true that big tech could afford to do science and peer review (though this would put them at a disadvantage), but requiring a science-based approach from all tech companies is not practical. (It’s also not terribly practical even for big pharma in the public health sector, which explains why such little progress has been made on things like anti-malarials.)

Different things that play corresponding roles between analogies are often called equivalents; the word doesn’t mean that two things are necessarily equal.

Apparently sarcasm is not one of your strengths.

No, I’m using sarcasm to point out that if you think a recipe is like documentation of an experiment, then lines of code are also like documentation of an experiment. In fact, the lines of code are the tech (analogical) equivalent to your bakery recipe. So if this is how you think bakeries are like science, tech is already just as science-y in both this regard as well as in their “peer review” aspect of selling things to customers who provide feedback. And this is a point you yourself go on to make, which really makes me wonder why you didn’t tell Cory that these tech companies actually were using the scientific method just like bakeries operating under his public-health model are.

Apparently sarcasm is not one of your strengths.

You’re certainly saying ridiculous things, so it’s difficult to tell your sarcastic noise from your apparently serious noise that involves blatant goal post moving, ridiculous and embarrassing (for you) denials of blatant goal post moving and blatant misrepresentations of my points of view.

No, I’m using sarcasm to point out that if you think a recipe is like documentation of an experiment

Maybe try dropping the sarcasm. You’re not very adept at using it to your advantage, it just makes you seem shrill and angry while you keep divulging into circular reasoning.

So if this is how you think bakeries are like science, tech is already just as science-y in both this regard as well as in their “peer review” aspect of selling things to customers who provide feedback.

I think a lot of things are like “science” and can be used as analogies. But, I don’t think it’s safe to use analogies with someone like you who is analogy-challenged and will casually misrepresent similarities for equivalencies.

really makes me wonder why you didn’t tell Cory that these tech companies actually were using the scientific method just like bakeries operating under his public-health model are.

More sarcasm? It’s really difficult to tell with you, sorry. Too much noise and too little substance.

Thanks for your response which is 100% substance-free (but is pretty heavy on conclusory statements and personal attacks, as is your style).

conclusory statements and personal attacks, as is your style

Please stop projecting and speak for yourself. I was being civil with you, then you brought it down to that level by flinging insults via calling me lazy and intellectually dishonest unprovoked. You only have yourself to blame for dragging a debate you can’t win through the mud at that point. (No wonder you resort to goal post moving, insults and misrepresentations) You just hate being wrong more than you can control yourself from flinging insults and being civil.

If you want respect, then be respectful in the first place.

some people make long comments. :slight_smile:

1 Like

@bwv812 and @Cowicide Stop replying to each other.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.