Scary tire commercial from Japan

FUCK! です。

Japanese speaker here. Yes, that’s pretty much exactly what it says.

P.S. JESUS F**K!!!

Yes! It is! Oof!

(I can feel my heart beating as I type this).

As noted in above posts…

((( Driver meets up with the Snow Hag, Yuki Onna http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yuki-onna )))

((( Puts car in Reverse. Steering wheel on the right side, we are in Japan )))

FX: Winter roads are scary

FX (Snow Hag’s laptop): Have you put on winter tires yet…? (Includes an Autoway logo)

Order them on the web right now!
Ultra-low cost tires & wheels online shopping website

(Unfortunately I only heard 2 seconds of the scary audio as I was at work, so can’t translate that. It was enough to get chills! :wink:

2 Likes

Something aint right with me or maybe there was too much buildup but I wasn’t shocked or scared because I basically knew exactly when the “shock” was gonna happen. This is probably another sign that I’ve lived in Japan too long.

Oh and FWIW I’m right now in the process of getting my Japanese drivers license.

You didn’t miss anything, just the standard 「あぶない、あぶない」 (scary/dangerous).

Bah, it’s a sign of weakness! If a mere image on a screen can give you a heart attack, you deserve to die!

I’ll admit I was a bit startled alright, but I’m sitting close to a 40", that’s my excuse : p

Tip for everyone: Watch it without the sound, it’s about as shocking as Sesame Street.

1 Like

I love how there was no fine print informing us that the commercial was filmed on a private track with professional stunt drivers so “do not try this at home”. And that they were driving like stunt drivers: even with the best snow tires available, you still don’t drive that fast in the dark on that much snow in real life. But apparently the Japanese don’t need to be mollycoddled the way consumers in the U.S. do.

Don’t take this one thing to that conclusion. I can assure you that Japan is a country of constant warnings against this and that and the other thing.

It was meant tongue-in-cheek, but I take your point.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.