Some favorite TV theme songs

similarly:

1 Like

Well, if weā€™re going there, then Iā€™d counter with this one. Both perfectly suit their time and place and mood, I believe.

God, I miss Deadwood.

1 Like

1970s, school morning, eating Sugar Smacks

2 Likes

LOL!! Should be in the SF screenwriters handbook ā€œgive your characters good reasons for making monumentally bad decisionsā€.

At first I though Lexx was a parody, but then it went on and on. I couldnā€™t figure it out. I donā€™t remember is I watched the whole thing.

1 Like

Blame @Nightflyer for posting the monks song.

2 Likes

@GulliverFoyle, I thought Automan was pretty much perfect for a ā€œTron meets TV detective seriesā€ show.

Some greats from my childhood that I put in the same category as Peter Gunn and Secret Agent Man:

1. Johnny Staccato

2.Route 66

3.Hawaiian Eye (this show had costar Connie Stevens singing something in almost every episode)

1 Like

Mwa ha ha! Itā€™s all a part of my evil planā€¦ :imp:

(1. Post Galavant clip.
2. ???
3. Profit!!!)

1 Like

It was indeed perfect for a TRON-obsessed kid like me, though now it looks like an 80s cop movie parody.

1 Like

Mission: Magic 1973 with Rick Springfield. Narnia meets Magic School Bus

2 Likes

I second Peter Gunn, Mission Impossible, Gunsmoke, Rawhide, The Odd Couple, The Addams Family (favorite line: Theyā€™re altogether ooky), Route 66, Secret Agent Man - I hope I havenā€™t left something out.

No time to hunt down YouTube videos, but here are some that I donā€™t remember seeing on this thread. Some of these shows I watched, some I didnā€™t.

Batman (the original live-action series)
The Twilight Zone (both)
Wagon Train
Naked City (all three)
The Munsters
The Great American Dream Machine
"The Great American Hero" segment of The Great American Dream Machine
The Virginian

And one guilty pleasure: ā€œFriends Foreverā€ from Love, Sidney

The Star Trek TOS theme always sounded retro to me - it sounded like the 50ā€™s.

I know this list dates me :confused:

3 Likes

I loved this show! It was a major influence on my political worldview. Funny thing is, I donā€™t think Iā€™ve thought about the show once since it went off the air, until just now, reading your post. Iā€™m afraid I canā€™t recall the music.

1 Like

How could I forget this - the opening of Mystery! on PBS:

8 Likes

Jeez, if Iā€™d known it was so easy:

I havenā€™t found the second closing theme, but it is also known as ā€œSomewhere in the Night.ā€

Naked City was more than a police drama - it was a valentine to my beloved home town.

I liked both but I liked the original Bernard Herrmann theme more.

For want of anything better - itā€™s sandwiched in the Mel TormĆ©. Couldnā€™t find the Great American Hero song.

Couldnā€™t find the Munsters theme that I remember. The one on YouTube is not as good.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.