Something new to worry about in California: Black Death Squirrels

That squirrel does kind of look like it’s splattered with blood.

1 Like

Love, but maybe would have gone with “tainted, tainted, tainted…”?

1 Like

Breaking news

Or packrat nests. But it’s always good to be a little careful around the deer mice.

Well, I’ll lay good money I know which band plays electric guitars through a bass head, and which one features ukuleles.

1 Like

Great band name, agreed. There is a colony of ground squirrels near Lake Mary in Flagstaff, AZ that’s been positive for plague since I lived there in the late 90’s. No one seemed to care.

I’ve put the squirrels on alert by amping them up with sugar via animal crackers.

1 Like

Looks like I’m gonna need my herd of black Death Cats.

2 Likes

OH NOES!!! The Squirrelpocalypse is upon us!!! Time to take those suckers out, double tap style, before they get to the new stockpiles of Twinkies!

I may not have Black Death Squirrels here in Northern California, but I have Black Tomato-stealing Squirrels. (Black squirrels seem to be a Northern California thing, but we’ve also got gray squirrels.) I may actually be maligning them - a black squirrel has definitely stolen bulbs from my garden, and the squirrel who stole a green tomato today was gray, but I didn’t actually see which squirrel stole my first ripe tomato earlier in the week :slight_smile:

Not my picture, but they’re common in the dc/Maryland area. Some were brought to the zoo a century back or so, and have spread or were released to the surrounding area.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.