Sows at US factory farm fed blended baby pigs to guard against viral outbreak

You’re always gonna have problems lifting a body in one piece. Apparently the best thing to do is cut up a corpse into six pieces and pile it all together…And when you got your six pieces, you gotta get rid of them, because it’s no good leaving it in the deep freeze for your mum to discover, now is it? Then I hear the best thing to do is feed them to pigs. You got to starve the pigs for a few days, then the sight of a chopped-up body will look like curry to a pisshead. You gotta shave the heads of your victims, and pull the teeth out for the sake of the piggies’ digestion. You could do this afterwards, of course, but you don’t want to go sievin’ through pig shit, now do you? They will go through bone like butter. You need at least sixteen pigs to finish the job in one sitting, so be wary of any man who keeps a pig farm. They will go through a body that weighs 200 pounds in about eight minutes.

1 Like

No. They want to keep mistreating animals for profit and ability for these videos to stop them is why they want to make them illegal.

How are the slaughter methods required to satisfy kosher and halal laws inhumane as compared to normal slaughterhouse procedures?

OMFG.

You’re not a vet. He is. I trust him and don’t give a fuck if you expect numbers. You can say the same about homeopathy, except the douchebags who sell that fantasy call themselves ND’s (aka not doctors). You won’t find any doctor who cares about his reputation recommending homeopathy. Nice strawman, though!

Oh… and those other treatments you wanna compare it to? They’re illegal in the US sooooooo good luck. You actually did some Googling? Does this mean I can assume in other arguments we’ve had that you didn’t do any research? I’m shocked that your brief googling didn’t come up with the same info that this guy’s years as a vet have.

Wikipedia is a wonderful (and answer-filled) thing!

Kosher
Traditional Jewish thought has expressed the view that all meat must come from animals which have been slaughtered according to Jewish law. These strict guidelines require the animal be killed by a single cut across the throat to a precise depth, severing both carotid arteries, both jugular veins, both vagus nerves, the trachea and the esophagus, no higher than the epiglottis and no lower than where cilia begin inside the trachea, causing the animal to bleed to death. Orthodox Jews argue that this ensures the animal dies instantly without unnecessary suffering, but many animal rights activists view the process as cruel, arguing that the animal may not lose consciousness immediately, and activists have called for it to be banned

Halal
The food must come from a supplier that uses halal practices. Specifically, the slaughter must be performed by a Muslim, who must precede the slaughter by invoking the name of Allah, most commonly by saying “Bismillah” (“In the name of God”) and then three times “Allahu akbar” (God is the greatest). Then, the animal must be slaughtered with a sharp knife by cutting the throat, windpipe and the blood vessels in the neck (while the animal is conscious), causing the animal’s death without cutting the spinal cord. Lastly, the blood from the veins must be drained.

Animals in normal slaughterhouses have an electrified bolt shot into their head. It might not be a pretty visual image but it guarantees a more reliable, painless and humane death.

I repeat: Fuck kosher and halal meats and adherents to those religions for not rejecting the barbaric traditions they demand.

Man… a vet is saying it’s effective and the little piggies in the milkshake are already diseased and will die from PEDV anyway. What’s the difference? Personally I’d get your authorities on approving those vaccines if you don’t like this.

The bolt gun would be generally quicker. (No idea if that process ever screws up.) OTOH, isn’t there a good chance that animals destined to be killed via halal and kosher practices live a better life beforehand? Things may have changed of course, but I don’t think there used to be factory farms that accommodated these faiths.

It’s not just quicker, it’s humane and has next to nil failures which is why it’s used.

I don’t know about the rules that govern how kosher animals must be raised but I know that we in Australia sell a shit-tonne of cows to various islamic countries in the region specifically so they can be slaughtered under halal regulations. Many of these cattle (live export) die on the ships going over there just so some clowns can have their quaint little godwank, and then to add insult to injury (or should I say, injury to death) there have been many stories coming out of Indonesia, Egypt and Jordan about how the animals are being slaughtered in torturous inhumane ways.

WARNING: These video show graphic animal cruelty but demonstrate why I think simpleton turds who expect us to respect their deluded fantasy regarding specific slaughter methods that invariably guarantee there’s more chance for the animal to suffer can go fuck themselves and know that the time for society to just accept exceptions for nonsense beliefs is coming to an end.

Indonesian animal cruelty

Egyptian animal cruelty

Jordanian animal cruelty

No. There’s no reason you should assume animals which are destined to be killed under halal or kosher practices would have a better life, in fact you should assume the opposite in the case of live export.

PS: Factory farming sounds terrible, but it actually depends how it’s managed as to whether it’s cruel. The other reality about our world is that we need these large scale food production methods since there’s no way we’d have enough land to produce enough food for everyone to survive on if everything was done like it used to be.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.