Suspicious people, American Airlines edition

[Permalink]

4 Likes

I used to work in a Police station in the middle of a decent sized town. One day they bomb alarm sounded and we all got to stand in the core of the building for half an hour with the windows open while the bomb squad did their thing. It tuned out that one of our officers had been on patrol at the local international airport and had spotted a van with “suspicious wires” dangling from the rear. Rather than leave the van in the car park, our brave soul broke into the van, hot wired it and then drove it along busy roads in to the centre of town… I don’t think he got a commendation for his actions.

11 Likes

Suspicious Fonts:

• Helvetica
12 Likes

I will tell my fellow sufferers of chronic depression and anxiety/panic to try to act completely unnaturally when flying AA.

9 Likes
  • Anyone who asks “too many” questions

XD

Ok, I’m not asking. I’m telling you that you’ve got thirty seconds to provide the information.

4 Likes

They forgot “Anyone who posts to Boingboing.” No biggie though. The CIA already has that covered if I remember correctly.

5 Likes

Now we just need a list to recognize suspicious corporate persons…

6 Likes

This explains why TSA ripped apart my checked luggage. I was bringing a frozen loaf of nut bread to my mother. Freezing it was the only way I thought it would survive the trip intact.

5 Likes

Beautiful! I’m also fascinated by the advisory about carry-on pets (as opposed to Carry on Pets) into and out of Mexico.

2 Likes

Put away that gun
This part is simple
Try to recognize
What is in your mind
God help us!
Help us lose our minds
These slippery people
Help us understand

3 Likes

…and the poster next to it says “We do the right thing” … oh, the irony!

4 Likes

This one I don’t get - whats the problem in a world were things are going kaboomba with depressing regularity with reminding people who have security relevant jobs to keep their eyes open and notice stuff? That’s the first and generally weakest link in any security chain.

The same scamps who are chortling up their sleeves at this snap would be down on AA like a ton of aviation security auditors if they fell prey to a Social Engineering exploit…

2 Likes

Uh… Things are going kaboom with depressing regularity because of people dropping or firing explosive shit from planes.

So if you care about stamping out that kind of thing, and congratulations if you do, it’s the first step to a sane and peaceful world, this poster is irrelevant. Except in that it normalises paranoia and fear and serves to justify the massive use of violence around the world by the wealthy and powerful.

14 Likes
2 Likes

Haven’t heard that laugh since I was a kid in the 70s. Fabulous!

1 Like

Interesting how they put quotes around “too many”, rather than just writing “Anyone who asks too many questions”. Seems to me a tacit acknowledgement that “too many” is a bullshit subjective.

10 Likes

Maybe somebody was told to put this on that sign, and did the best he could to resist without getting fired?

1 Like

A vague list on a one sheet poster to train AA employees in spotting easily misunderstood terroristic behavior.

2 Likes

They forgot mentioning “Anyone who wears a Casio F-91W”.

6 Likes

I’ve flown five times in the last twenty years. Each time it’s such a novel experience I don’t act nervous. I am nervous. I know those statistics that say you’re safer in the air than you are in a car don’t mean diddley until I safely disembark.

I guess I’m lucky I don’t look like a terrorist.

3 Likes