The Duncan Butterfly yo-yo is still a LOT of fun

[Read the post]

Most of his tricks are pretty straightforward… Back in the day when I got fascinated with yo-yo’s, I could have actually done most of these. He’s got nothing on this badass kid:

Great, now I have to dig my yo yo out of the box in the basement and dive into the YouTube yo-yo trick rabbit hole.

2 Likes

I have kids, so we went through the yo-yo thing a few years ago. Am I remembering things incorrectly, or are Duncan yo-yo’s a lot lower quality then they were a few decades ago? I found one – the Mosquito – that’s playable, but the other ones were really poorly constructed.

I still have my old red butter fly. It needs a new string because of those damn tiny knots, but still works smooth as ever.

1 Like

Don’t know what it is, haven’t even bothered to check the post but inb4 ‘centripetal’.

1 Like

Duncan makes some better grade ones but yeah the bog standard one isn’t that great. For easily found ones I am partial to the Yomega Fireball. I really love the feel of that one, great weight and sleeps forever. They have some nice butterfly style ones as well.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.