The Replacements: US tour and "Hate Us On Facebook" t-shirt

[Permalink]

2 Likes

I adore the Replacements and Paul Westerberg (and Bob Stinson R.I.P.). This lyric was one of the few that actually changed my life:

The ones who love us best are the ones we’ll lay to rest
And visit their graves on holidays at best
The ones who love us least are the ones we’ll die to please

But I don’t see the joy in reunion gigs. Can a band recapture what made them special in their time? Maybe I’m wrong, I hope I’m wrong. Anyways, just seems to be a lot of this going on these days. Especially a lot of older punk bands. Best wishes to the Replacements, I hope they have the success with this tour that they deserve.

3 Likes

I was robbed $18 dollars by The Replacements in 1989. I’m not buying another t-shirt.

I feel the same about this t-shirt that I did about Billy Idol’s 1992 Cyberpunk album, Or Peter Gabriel’s 2002 The Barry Williams Show. Trying too hard to connect to something “current”, when it’s already too late to contribute on such a basic level.

But a t-shirt is not necessarily all the Replacements are offering us in the tour. Let’s see how that goes.

“Unsatisfied” was also a brilliant song, both lyrically and with its simple melody.

I hated pop music in the 80s, but Tim and Let it Be redeem the entire decade.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.