Toddler explains how babies are born in 4 seconds

[Read the post]

My explanation is: Mommy & Daddy knocked boots, bam you came out!

Scientific and accurate!

2 Likes

That’s exactly the way my kids describe it, except my daughter always pronounced it “vagiña.” Her mother and I still pronounce it that way to this day, to much mutual mirth.

6 Likes

Thank goodness for the… silent… gif…

2 Likes

But . . . how did that thing get there in the first place?

4 Likes

Sex ed: Just tell them straight when they ask. It’s that simple.

5 Likes

You might be a redneck if, when asked by your kid where babies come from, you respond, “a sixpack.”

3 Likes

Should you wait until they ask?

Yes. If they don’t wonder, they’re not ready for the answer.

2 Likes

I don’t remember specifically asking my parents about sex. But I also don’t remember not knowing where babies came from. I wonder if they volunteered the info?

1 Like

Most kids I know asked around 3-5 years old, usually when they became aware of babies other than themselves and/or saw a pregnant woman.

If a kid hasn’t asked by the time they hit puberty, that probably means they’ve already asked someone else :wink:

4 Likes

That’s what I figure. I wasn’t about to wait for that.

2 Likes

Thanks, that’s much better than my standby about “bumping each other’s uglies.”

5 Likes

My 5th grader came home once saying there was a rumor going around that Asians couldn’t have sex. That led to a frank discussion about what sex is.

3 Likes

I remember knowing everything except how the sperm got into the vagina. I imagined sperm looking like miniature versions of the “Hey Koolaid” character that busted through walls in the TV commercials of the day. It was super scary imagining them busting into mommy’s vagina when nobody was looking.

I think that is why this girl is so endearing; she doesn’t seem to have any of that confusion that was going around during and before the sexual revolution.

2 Likes

Mind blown: Just after posting the above comment I came across this:

5 Likes

Hee hee. You “came across” it.

Hee hee hee!

3 Likes

I’ll raise you one Outdoorsy Family.

4 Likes

Wait… What is going on in this picture? I’m so confused right now.

Good heavens. I hope the experience wasn’t so traumatic that you blocked it from your memory.

I got lucky. The mother of one of my best friends was an obstetrician. He told us all about it during show and tell. The poor teacher nearly had a coronary.

1 Like