TOM THE DANCING BUG: Bob Figures Out Invincibility

It’s a fair question, I was responding to Soloman who asked what good an eternity at the centre of the sun was. That scenario assumed immortality.

It’s a fictional construct, so the meaning can vary depending on the author.

Sometimes it means that a being simply cannot die, by any means. Other times it’s far more loose and just means they don’t age but still could get sick and die, or get killed.

Sometimes Immortality means you don’t age, and invincibility means you can’t be hurt

He can just teleport away before you get him onto the rocket.

There’s no joke. Bob solves real problems, based on spurious premises.

1 Like

I used to wish for millions of dollars. Then I realized it’d never happen and now I just wish everyone else’s money would magically lose its value while mine didn’t. It’s called “investing in gold”.

1 Like

Lemme do a little math.
According to the interwebs: The distance from the lunar center of mass to the Earth-Moon Lagrange point L1 is 36254 miles, the raidus of the Moon is 1079 miles, so the distance from the lunar surface to L1 is 35175 miles. Once you reach L1, and move a little toward earth, the earth’s gravity takes over and you start to fall toward earth.

35175 miles, over 365.25 days in a year ~ 96.3 years spent teleporting a mile once a day. Then some time falling toward the earth and teleporting once a day.

But then again, as soon as you teleport away from the surface of the moon, you’ll begin to start falling back to the surface again. And even with the moon’s low acceleration, it seems likely you’ll fall back to the surface before the 24 hour cooldown period is over.

1 Like

Super Pedantic Man swoops in for the rescue:

This additional power is unnecessary. Because invincibility means the inability to be defeated. Thus, invincibility already means that he cannot be overpowered, and therefore defeated by being tied up by enemies.

Now, if his power was merely INVULNERABILITY, then he might have an issue.

6 Likes

It seems Bob has not figured out how to use a dictionary.

I liked this strip, but like it even more after reading the thread it spawned. Kind of shows how many of us “bobs” there are out there, always figuring.

3 Likes

As a Phillies fan, I feel like this comic strip ended too soon, the Phillies could sure use the help.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.